How much damage can hitting a pothole do?

chriscc64

:
2006 Mazda 6 Sport
I just bought a 2006 Mazda 6 from my brother-in-law. Love everything about it except it's automatic transmission and it has low profile tires. I hit a pothole at 5 mph and have had nothing but trouble since. The rim bent, not kinked in real bad just flattened enough to keep it from holding air. I had the rim repaired and the car was fine for a day and a half. I even had them put the repaired rim on one of the back wheels and had 2 good rims with brand new tires on the drive wheels. Then my wife went to the store down the street and had to have it towed back to the house because it would not go into gear. When I take it out of Park there is an ungodly rattle and no gear engagement or movement. I can't afford a new transmission every time I hit a pothole.

I just bought a 2006 Mazda 6 from my brother-in-law. Love everything about it except it's automatic transmission and it has low profile tires. I hit a pothole at 5 mph and have had nothing but trouble since. The rim bent, not kinked in real bad just flattened enough to keep it from holding air. I had the rim repaired and the car was fine for a day and a half. I even had them put the repaired rim on one of the back wheels and had 2 good rims with brand new tires on the drive wheels. Then my wife went to the store down the street and had to have it towed back to the house because it would not go into gear. When I take it out of Park there is an ungodly rattle and no gear engagement or movement. I can't afford a new transmission every time I hit a pothole.

throw these low profile replica wheels into the garbage.

It eventually led to a broken CV joint. I planned to get rid of the low profile as soon as possible.

How much damage can hitting a pothole do

Since the OEM tires are non-directional, im assuming there will be no problem flipping it inside to outside. Just curious how much tire shops usually charge for flipping all 4 tires?

Latest posts

Back