Slight clunking sound when turning sharply

mifanning

:
2017 Mazda CX9 Signature in machine gray
On my new 2017 Signature model, when I turn the wheel sharply either right or left at speed, I often hear a slight clunking sound, almost as if unused hanging seat belt clips were knocking against the pillars or something hard might be shifting in my glove box. It's hard to localize the sound but it sounds like it might be under the dashboard. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what it might be. Anyone have a clue?

On my new 2017 Signature model, when I turn the wheel sharply either right or left at speed, I often hear a slight clunking sound, almost as if unused hanging seat belt clips were knocking against the pillars or something hard might be shifting in my glove box. It's hard to localize the sound but it sounds like it might be under the dashboard. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what it might be. Anyone have a clue?

If it's coming from the front end, take it back. They'll replace both strut towers in the front. Once I had that done, I had a quiet car again. It's a bushing I think. Don't let them tell you it's not an issue or they can't reproduce it.

If it's coming from the front end, take it back. They'll replace both strut towers in the front. Once I had that done, I had a quiet car again. It's a bushing I think. Don't let them tell you it's not an issue or they can't reproduce it.

I'll give that a go, thanks! I haven't had any problem driving the car but it's annoying as all get out!

The second row has a slot where you can snuggle the seat belt clip inside the associated pillar. Slide them into the slots where the belt itself comes out and see if that takes care of it. I was also difficult to figure out where the noise was coming from in mine as well.

Back