CX5 2.2l TDI Akera failing to accelerate / speed limits at 100kph

Designer99

:
CX5 Akera
My 2014 CX5 2.2l TDI Akera randomly fails to accelerate past 100kph - very unnerving when going to pass a road train and it randomly decides it's not going to happen and sometimes I will have to pull out of the passing manoeuvre.
It acts like a speed limited truck - gets to 100kph and locks at 4000rpm in 3rd gear and it may or may not allow me to manually change up. If it does allow a manual change up, it only very slowly picks up speed. Under normal operation it would be up around 150-160kph by the time it reaches the cab of a road train (starting from anywhere between 80 and 100). Mostly when the problem occurs it is when I am towing a light trailer with maybe 200kg in it, but has also happened without a trailer, has happened going uphill, on the flat and downhill, in cruise control acceleration also. Mostly this occurs when accelerating from around 80kph. The dealer and Mazda Australia haven't been able to find anything as they can't make the fault recur on demand, even when they towed through hilly country in a 110kph zone with a logger hooked up. Frequency of occurrence does seem to be higher just post service and has been occurring for about the last 18 months.

Looking for some personal logging (other than a go pro which doesn't give a very good shot of things due to mounting limitations) - any recommendations or experiences like this out there?

Back