2017~2024 Windshield defogger automatically on FULL

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Is there a way to control/disable the front windshield defogger to automatically blow at almost full strength when switched on? What kind of a dumb idea is it to set this thing to blow at almost full strength? Every single time I select front windshield defog while most of the time I have a bit of fog buildup I have to reduce the amount of air being blown out of the fans.
I'm starting to regret buying this car. From the lack of foresight such as this, to the Navi not finding major streets in my city, to constant freezes...meh, could've done a lot better with my 40K.

When you turn on the defogger (we call it demister), make sure you are not in auto mode so you can manually set the fan level and hence control the amount of air blown.

What kind of a dumb idea is it to set this thing to blow at almost full strength?

I dont know, maybe Mazda thought you might like a clear windshield quickly so you dont crash into that car, tree, shrubbery or run that stop sign... 😜

I don’t know, maybe Mazda thought you might like a clear windshield quickly so you don’t crash into that car, tree, shrubbery or run that stop sign... ��

Yeah, I'd much rather have it start on full blast and then reduce it manually as desired.
The <fan minus> button is easy... altho I'd rather have a knob...

Mine has the latest updates. The street that it didn't find is a major one that's been there for decades. I doubt they would miss that in the initial release of the maps.

I dont know, maybe Mazda thought you might like a clear windshield quickly so you dont crash into that car, tree, shrubbery or run that stop sign... 😜

How many times is your window so fogged up that you will run into an object of any kind? Usually when I get into the car, the windshield is clear. It fogs up while you drive and the temperature inside is warmer than outside and that's where your windows start to fog up. That's where I would turn on my fog defroster to the lowest or second lowest level to keep the fogging in check, instead of having a blow dryer go full blast. I find it totally unnecessary.

My Acura is the same way. You can have the climate control on running at a normal fan level, but when you switch it to the defroster it powers the fan to full strength.

I much prefer the full strength defrost start... otherwise it would be no different than just manually selecting the defrost vents.

Honda does the same thing. Just reach over with your hand and lower the fan speed.
Jeez you people.

How many times is your window so fogged up that you will run into an object of any kind? Usually when I get into the car, the windshield is clear. It fogs up while you drive and the temperature inside is warmer than outside and that's where your windows start to fog up. That's where I would turn on my fog defroster to the lowest or second lowest level to keep the fogging in check, instead of having a blow dryer go full blast. I find it totally unnecessary.

Leave the AC on....

They do it full bore so it defrosts quickly thus improving visibility and driver safety

Back