Has anybody put Winter wipers on 2016 or later CX-9

mazdacx9-321

:
2016 cx-9 signature
I am now going into my second winter in upstate NY with my CX-9. The stock wipers are not very good winter wipers and constantly freeze. I tried unsuccessfully to get winter wipers last winter and thought I would try again. My Mazda dealer told me that Mazda makes winter wipers, but not for the 2016 and newer CX-9. I could not believe it. I then looked on the internet and cannot find any aftermarket winter wipers that appear to fit. I also am not going to modify my car and attempt to attach an older CX-9 "arm" on the vehicle as was suggested in a thread last winter. Has anybody had any luck with this? Winter wipers make a HUGE difference where I live.

I had the same problem on Saturday. I couldn’t believe this car doesn’t have wiper de-icers. My 7 year old forester had them. �� Michelin was the only company I found to have compatible blades.

Michelin was the only company I found to have compatible blades.
Are you sure? The Michelin fit guide is incorrect. Our cars do not have the hook type arms. If the Michelin blades do fit, please give us the model number.

I tried several brands of blades with connectors similar to what we have. Similar but not right. None of them fit.

As a work-around, try putting a light coating of silicone lube on the frame of the blade--not the wiping part. Ice won't stick to the silicone lube.

As a work-around, try putting a light coating of silicone lube on the frame of the blade--not the wiping part. Ice won't stick to the silicone lube.

And, when you are done with that..... go out and buy a Griot's 6" Handheld Polisher, Griot's Glass Polishing Pad, Griots Glass Polish and Griot's Glass Sealant. Follow their instructions to polish your glass. De-icing will become so much easier and ice build-up will be reduced.

Important: Be mindful not to overheat the glass when using the orbital polisher as that could damage it. Also, subsequent De-icing works well using a spray bottle containing 1/3 Water + 2/3 Rubbing Alcohol and then applying an even spray directly on the affected area.

I just bought a CX 9 Touring with premium package and am also having trouble finding a better quality wiper such as Bosch ICON that will fit. By measuring the driver's side is 24" and passenger is 18", but the issue is attachment point. If anyone's found a good aftermarket wiper that will fit, please post. Thank you

Are you sure? The Michelin fit guide is incorrect. Our cars do not have the hook type arms. If the Michelin blades do fit, please give us the model number.

I havent tried them yet. I was just looking at their website.

So good news.....RainX Latitude wipers work on CX9’s. I just purchased for driver and passenger side and they work great. Note that they have a universal fitting that accommodates the CX9 arms and the outer two adapters need to be removed for them to be compatible. I bought them at Auto Palace and they installed at no charge. $46 for both. The factory installed ice terribly in the winter.

One note: Their computer says the drives side takes a 22”, but it is in fact 24” and the passenger is 18”

The wiper blade companies are slow to update their listings. Some continue to show the data for the pre-2016 CX-9 even though you looked up '16 or '17.

Latest posts

Back