Front Sensing Camera Malfunction warning

kyle3309

:
'17 AWD CX-5 GT w/ Premium Package
This morning when I started my 2017 CX 5 the warnings for Front Sensing Camera Malfunction, Smart Brake System Malfunction, and Forward City Brake Support Malfunction came up. I checked the windshield near the camera and didn't see any dirt or debris on the glass. It worked fine yesterday and is garaged overnight. I turned off the vehicle and restarted and the errors still came up. Has anyone else experienced this before? I did a google search, but not much of anything came up.

Yes mine did it one damp morning but never since. I just cranked up the demister for a while and it cleared.

Thanks for everyones responses. I dont think it was humidity since the car was in the garage overnight and the air has been very dry here laltely (humidities between 20 and 35% lately). After work no warnings appeared and everything associated with the camera worked normally on the drive to get groceries and then on the drive home so I hope it was just a one time gremlin.

Thanks for everyones responses. I dont think it was humidity since the car was in the garage overnight and the air has been very dry here laltely (humidities between 20 and 35% lately). After work no warnings appeared and everything associated with the camera worked normally on the drive to get groceries and then on the drive home so I hope it was just a one time gremlin.

About every three weeks, it happens to me as well. Probably just a bug or glare from the sun over the camera.
I made a thread about it a while ago.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123862148-Warning-light-What-is-this&highlight=

I got the disabled notification 2 times when it got heavy snow and ice here, but it will be good again after

Happened to me on Akera 2017 model on one afternoon. Parked overnight in a garage and next morning warnings seemed to have gone and never came back. Took it to the dealer anyway and they found the Forward Sensing Camera to be faulty. Replaced it under warranty yesterday. Also found this link for earlier models with similar issue.

I also got the "My vision is impaired, I can not see!" message this morning. I gave the front camera in he Mazda badge a good wipe off. I am hoping that it's resolved by sitting in the sun.

Which version of Mazda Connect do you have? This bug was fixed in 59.00.502A.. latest version is 59.00.504A... both of these versions from mid 2017 includes the October 2016 Gracenote/Music Database update (version 07.00.00)... latest Gracenote update is the October 2017 one (version 08.00.00) and is available publicly from Mazda

Which version of Mazda Connect do you have? This bug was fixed in 59.00.502A.. latest version is 59.00.504A

I'll have to check. I would have thought I had the very latest as I just picked up the car last week as a brand new 2018 model. I did need to upgrade the Gracenote DB to v8.

Is there any where Mazda indicates the latest firmware release number. I'd love to see a changelog, but I am not sure that they would make that public.

I just remembered that I did take a pic after the Gracenote DB update.

Firmware --> 59.00.504 NA N

I also got the "My vision is impaired, I can not see!" message this morning. I gave the front camera in he Mazda badge a good wipe off. I am hoping that it's resolved by sitting in the sun.

Just to be clear, the camera is behind the windshield near the rear view mirror. The device in the front Mazda emblem is radar. They're both involved with most of the forward safety systems.

Just to be clear, the camera is behind the windshield near the rear view mirror. The device in the front Mazda emblem is radar. They're both involved with most of the forward safety systems.

Correct

Ah.....so I should have a look to use an eyeglass cloth to give it a wipe and / or make sure the windshield is cleanish. Thanks.

Ah.....so I should have a look to use an eyeglass cloth to give it a wipe and / or make sure the windshield is cleanish. Thanks.

On the inside you mean (uhm)

Normal windscreen glass cleaning solution and a cloth should be fine for both inside and outside

Internally you can't access it anyway as it is sealed

On the outside, windscreen washer spray fluid and wiper action gets close to it anyway.

Back