2016.5 CX5 heated seats` BUYER BEWARE

There’s some iffy Information in this thread. No single control units as such and no link to the occupancy sensor although it probably won’t feel warm until the occupiers weight pushes the seat cover up to the heater elements. As for the OP, maybe he’s not happy with the position of the fuel filler cap on his Chevy and just wants to nit pick our CX-5s? I am however very AWARE, AWARE, AWARE of this phenomena.

View attachment 217983

Mine definitely feels warm at the 3 setting, with nobody in it. There's a thermostat that turns it on/off and that's it.

A pressure activated system doesn't make a lot of sense. It's no safer than a thermostat and would prevent one from heating up the seat on a cold day, before getting in.

Last edited:
I think it makes sense. Why should it be running constantly if I forget to turn off the passenger seat? Like I've often done since I thought it did have a pressure switch, like Saab did.
I'll keep it off now.
I also have never noticed preheating. I let my car run a bit before getting in. It takes a little time to feel warm.
I suppose it saves a few pennies to not have a switch.

There’s some iffy Information in this thread. No single control units as such and no link to the occupancy sensor although it probably won’t feel warm until the occupiers weight pushes the seat cover up to the heater elements. As for the OP, maybe he’s not happy with the position of the fuel filler cap on his Chevy and just wants to nit pick our CX-5s? I am however very AWARE, AWARE, AWARE of this phenomena.

View attachment 217983

Facts? You are presenting facts? We are in America darn it, we don't need no FACTS!

There is no pressure activated system lol. When I had my thermal camera I clearly saw the heating elements turn on (both seats) with no one in them.

But I do agree that of all the cars I've owned, these are the weakest heated seats... but not enough for a BUYER BEWARE warning ;)

My Saab seats heated up much faster BUT they didn't get nearly as hot as the Mazdas do.

My butt must have a low threshold of heat because my seat gets so hot it burns. I have it full until I can’t bare it any more.

My butt must have a low threshold of heat because my seat gets so hot it burns. I have it full until I cant bare it any more.

I wish the heating elements were positioned more toward the lower back. My wife and I joke that it's a bit of a "butthole warmer".

I wish the heating elements were positioned more toward the lower back. My wife and I joke that it's a bit of a "butthole warmer".

They kind of pass through on 2 wires. This is the bottom of my drivers seat.

IMG_3685.jpg

Well, that was more information than I needed!

(butt)(butt)(butt)(butt):):):):)

(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(blah)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)(flame)

Going off of this thread, something must be wrong with ours. You can hardly even tell they're on. It takes almost an entire drive to even start to feel them and nothing happens past that.

Back