2018 Consumer Reports Reliability: Spoiler Mazda #12

I think the Mazda Connect System get a lot of complaints dragging down the CR score the way they do it, same weight as engine failure etc...

Mazda6 2018 got an IIHS Top Safety + pick. I can see how CX9 infotainment issues dragged overall score down. But all of that is fixed now with s/w upgrades.
Still happy hitting 30 mpg daily and having a good car to drive.

I think the Mazda Connect System get a lot of complaints dragging down the CR score the way they do it, same weight as engine failure etc...

No AA/Carplay = CVT failure lol

I'm not sure if something like the infotainment would factor into reliability (I don't think it should) but seriously, this forum is full of cry babies. I have been on a fair amount of automotive forums in my 20 or so years of internet and every time I pop in here, there is some new tiny complaint and people throwing fits about small details. If you hate the infotainment that much, go aftermarket and take matters into your own hands. It's also incredibly easy to go back to stock if you're worried about resale value or lease, etc.

For all I've seen on here, there were some clearly bad transmissions in 2016 that failed within a few hundred miles and were taken care of expediently. There was an issue with a bearing being cast into early transmissions (which my VIN falls in, YAY!) that can lead to potential failure. I've seen that one at least twice on here just outside of factory warranty and each time they were able to have Mazda North America help them out to reduce the cost of repair.

So we get trolls that like to list the 5 or 6 threads talking about statistically low transmission failures across tens of thousands of units over several years. And now I pop in and some guy is going on and on about a damn visor that came loose? Dude. Just put it in your sig already so you don't have to type it each time. We get it. Lots of us have many more miles and haven't even bothered to notice how our visors mount, nor have ours come loose.

What I gather is that the car is so reliably boring, people need to find minor things to b**** at each day. Keep working overtime, folks.

I'm not sure if something like the infotainment would factor into reliability (I don't think it should) but seriously, this forum is full of cry babies. I have been on a fair amount of automotive forums in my 20 or so years of internet and every time I pop in here, there is some new tiny complaint and people throwing fits about small details. If you hate the infotainment that much, go aftermarket and take matters into your own hands. It's also incredibly easy to go back to stock if you're worried about resale value or lease, etc.

For all I've seen on here, there were some clearly bad transmissions in 2016 that failed within a few hundred miles and were taken care of expediently. There was an issue with a bearing being cast into early transmissions (which my VIN falls in, YAY!) that can lead to potential failure. I've seen that one at least twice on here just outside of factory warranty and each time they were able to have Mazda North America help them out to reduce the cost of repair.

So we get trolls that like to list the 5 or 6 threads talking about statistically low transmission failures across tens of thousands of units over several years. And now I pop in and some guy is going on and on about a damn visor that came loose? Dude. Just put it in your sig already so you don't have to type it each time. We get it. Lots of us have many more miles and haven't even bothered to notice how our visors mount, nor have ours come loose.

What I gather is that the car is so reliably boring, people need to find minor things to b**** at each day. Keep working overtime, folks.

Agreed completely.

I just signed a purchase order for the 2018 X3 xDrive 30i. Nice to see my brand is so high.
Buying a 2018 X3 in the spring. Im not surprise that BMW has moved up as I will hit the 150,000 mile mark on my 2011 328xi today.

Back