2017~2024 Winter Tires for CX-5 - First time review. How are your winter tires?

That guy should have his driver's license revoked. Good Lord!

I'm talking about in snow or very slippery conditions. In general ABS is almost always slower than a precisely modulated brake pedal.

I'm talking about in snow or very slippery conditions. In general ABS is almost always slower than a precisely modulated brake pedal.

Let me assure you that unless your name is Ironman, you cannot modulate a brake to within 1/10 of the efficiency of a modern multi channel ABS system. The ABS computer can modulate one wheel hundreds of times a minute. Let me guess, you can do that by where you press on the brake pedal? You say some seemingly sensible things then undo it with this Walter Mitty stuff. Sorry to have a go at you but you really do lay yourself wide open.

BTW, Ironman doesn’t really exist.

ABS can increase stopping distances as proven years ago in tests.

The original advantage of ABS was the ability to both brake and steer at the same time.

ABS does increase stopping distance by its very nature but it can’t be outmatched by a person with typical abilities over a wide variety of situations.

Murky wasn't talking about you, bro. I assume that's why you replied like that to him.

Murky wasn't talking about you, bro. I assume that's why you replied like that to him.

Yeah, I should have quoted the video post to which I was responding. I didn't see the Molestor post. For some reason ;) the text from them don't even show up for me.

ABS does increase stopping distance by its very nature but it can’t be outmatched by a person with typical abilities over a wide variety of situations.

This is true, but in some situations being able to modulate the pedal yourself can be more effective than ABS, with emphasis on Some situations. For example, sometimes you have to press the pedal softly at first to avoid locking your tires in slick conditions.

This is true, but in some situations being able to modulate the pedal yourself can be more effective than ABS, with emphasis on Some situations. For example, sometimes you have to press the pedal softly at first to avoid locking your tires in slick conditions.

...that's what ABS is for...

...that's what ABS is for...

Just stab the brakes, let your tires lock and ABS do all the work. Then, try it yourself by pressing the pedal lightly enough so that the tires aren't quite locking and tell me what stops you Better.

Just stab the brakes, let your tires lock and ABS do all the work. Then, try it yourself by pressing the pedal lightly enough so that the tires aren't quite locking and tell me what stops you Better.

Of course, you’ve got all the time in the world to play when your heading for a truck.

Of course, you’ve got all the time in the world to play when your heading for a truck.

That’s why I would just slam on the brakes hard and hold them letting the abs system do it’s thing. That lets you concentrate on any steering that might let you escape.

You can't possibly be serious?

Just drove and some horrible roads. Winter Storm Hunter hitting us pretty good. I've never in my life felt so sure footed driving. I love this car!

Just drove and some horrible roads. Winter Storm Hunter hitting us pretty good. I've never in my life felt so sure footed driving. I love this car!

Naming these storms is silly. It just to put people on edge. In the other hand it feel good to have an advantage when winter weather hits.

Naming these storms is silly. It just to put people on edge. In the other hand it feel good to have an advantage when winter weather hits.
Agree. I used it out of spite. LOL
Actually work with a guy named Hunter. We put storm warning signs on his door today.

FWD with winter tires > AWD with all seasons. AWD is not a replacement for winter tires during the snowy months.

I went through my first winter with the stock all season Yokohamas and they were okay. Got lucky and found a set of 17 inch factory mags from a 2015 Mazda 6 and put Michelin X ice tires on them. Cost $850 for tires installed at Costco. These Michelin X ice tires are terrific! Great handling on ice and snow, much better than all season. Very quiet on highway also. Costco will put your summer tires on and do the rotation at the same time for free. In the fall they will put your winter tires back on and do rotation again. You just have to keep track of the tire locations. I used to do all the work myself switching from summer to winter and back again but no more. Nice service if you buy your tires from Costco.

Back