Any Trailer Hitch model recommend?

:
2016 cx-9 signature
I've been looking for a moderate trailer hitch and dependable installation, have been seeing people go to Uhaul for the installation and all, anyone had any experience with them?
Can I have the parts from somewhere else and install there?

Much appreciated.

I got the Cequent (Draw-tite, Reese, Hidden Hitch, U-Haul), and it's fine. I put it on myself. The Curt hitch is equally good. Before you buy one for someone else to install, check with your installer for their willingness to install a hitch receiver for which they do not get the profit margin. The electrical kit for the trailer lights is a simple plug-in installation, but seems tricky the first time. etrailer.com has great video instructions for both the hitch receiver and the electrical kit.

I got the Cequent (Draw-tite, Reese, Hidden Hitch, U-Haul), and it's fine. I put it on myself. The Curt hitch is equally good. Before you buy one for someone else to install, check with your installer for their willingness to install a hitch receiver for which they do not get the profit margin. The electrical kit for the trailer lights is a simple plug-in installation, but seems tricky the first time. etrailer.com has great video instructions for both the hitch receiver and the electrical kit.

Thanks for the reply. I checked out Etrailer and their video is pretty comprehensive, I guest my question is how did you install it? Are you able lift the car up? Or crawling under the car would do the trick?

I just saw the Etrailer video. They said you can do it without raising the vehicle. It has enough clearance and the holes are already there. I'm going to buy the Curt and install myself. I've installed others that needed drilling( other vehicle not Mazda). This one should not need drilling so real easy. The Curt shows less but they should all be fine.

Back