Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

Registered Member

Cx5

I just bought the Bosch Focus wipers for my 2017 GT. They had the correct adapter for the wiper arm

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Ordered these on rockauto.com for my 2018 GT. They fit perfectly without any adapters and look just like the stock ones, but they work much better. At least for rain, not so sure about snow. Didn't cost much either so won't feel so bad trading them out more often.

TRICO 1817B (18-17B) Pass Side Wiper Blade
    TRICO 2417B (24-17B) Driver Side Wiper Blade
    TRICO 14A (14-A) Rear Wiper Blade

Registered Member

I did not read the whole painful thread but this might help someone-
    https://www.4statetrucks.com/exterio...waAtqMEALw_wcB

I use these on my F250 and others. Applies just enough extra force to clean better but do expect to replace blades a bit more often
    What makes your life worth living?
    2014 Grand Touring dirt bike/street bike hauler and grocery getter

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT awd with PP

Here*s my report on the Bosch Envision wiper blades. I*ll precursor my report by saying I HATED the OEM blades. They were chattering/choppy and skipping on the return path, and so causing them to be annoyingly loud and not cleaning well. Winter in NorCal means rain, so after some light-moderate rain this week I decided to go with the Bosch Envision 24OE and 18OE (big shout out to Shiggy for posting his purchase experience!!!!), seemingly selling exclusively from AutoZone, for $29 EACH!! (yes I know bloody expensive). Used adaptor #6. IMMEDIATELY the difference was apparent. Clean wipe and silent.

But there*s more. So decided to head to Tahoe this weekend, and it so happened this weekend the mountain pass was afflicted with a snow storm. Not too cold as temperatures hung around 32 degrees, but heavy snow on the main mountain road, and icy rain fore and aft of the pass. Driving conditions were pretty bad on the mountain, with only 4wd vehicles with snow tires or cars with snow chains on the drive wheels being allowed (there were checkpoints and cars being turned back). FYI I did not have snow tires or chains, just the stock 19* Toyo A36 tires.

Anyway that*s just the backdrop to tell of the wiper and car performance. Thank God I changed those wipers before going into the snow storm, as they performed excellently. Clean wiping through everything. I was telling my wife in the car how fortunate we were not to have those horrible OEMs, as visibility was already VERY bad on the return journey, and having those skipping blades also would have been a death sentence (I*m exaggerating but you understand what I mean). In the heavy rain the we got on the Western path of the storm, the Bosch*s also did the job. Gave me peace of mind (proper visibility), and peace of ear (no damn chattering!!!!!). Though an expensive cost for peace.

And just a quick word about the CX-5*s performance in the snow. The road was generally plowed (it wasn*t always clean), but snowfall was heavy in the afternoon. We had no grip or tracking issues. The car went steadily and where I wanted it to go. Also I did NOT feel slippage of the front forcing the rear to kick in; this is due to the Mazda predictive AWD programming that sends more power to the rear pre-emptively when it detects certain conditions, in my case: cold, incline, wipers in use. Very reassuring. We didn*t go off the main roads into deep snow so can*t say how it would have behaved in that case. Don*t think I would have trusted these tires or this car in the deep stuff though.

Anyway, Bosch Envisions, seal of approval granted.

Registered Member

2018 CX 5 Touring AWD

Nice report Distant. You are a brave man to go over Donner Summit in a snow storm. Suprised they let you thru w/o snow tires.

1-2 feet coming here thru Tuesday. My lone experience in 3" of snow this season was very positive. A new challenge awaits.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT awd with PP

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada CX5 View Post
    Nice report Distant. You are a brave man to go over Donner Summit in a snow storm. Suprised they let you thru w/o snow tires.

1-2 feet coming here thru Tuesday. My lone experience in 3" of snow this season was very positive. A new challenge awaits.
    We were south of Donner- we took the Lincoln Fwy (Hwy 50) from the Easy Bay. I was surprised too, as the signs clearly said 4WD cars WITH snow tires. But given the HUGE amount of traffic (not sure why it was so busy yesterday), they maybe didn't have time to check tires.
    As this was my first adventure into a snowstorm with the CX-5, it was pretty hairy going in seeing F150's and Tacomas with chains. But my worries were unwarranted (in retrospect). I'm guessing those guys were either 2WD or heading into the unplowed roads.
    Good luck out there Nevada! Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing much. The so-called stormy weather they foretasted for the Bay area this weekend turned out to be light to moderate rain. Lol.

Registered Member

Mazda cx5

Thanks for this info. I just bought the Bosch Envisions for my 2017 Mazda CX-5. The directions I found said to use the #2 adaptor. After struggling with that for awhile with no success, I did a search and found your post. Switched to the #6 adaptor and had instant success. That being said, I hate this new Mazda wiper system. I had bought RainX wipers from Amazon which didn*t fit and had to be returned and it took a trip to Pep Boys and then Autozone before I found the Bosch that said they would fit. The price was definitely a shock $60 for both, but there is a $15 Autozone gift card mail in rebate, which is something, I guess. Anyway....thanks for making the installation process easier.

Registered Member

'18 Mazda 6 Signature

Why no Bosch Envisions in Canada?
    Why is Rockauto out of stock on their Trico passenger side blades?

Arrrrrgh!

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD non-Tech

I see from the BOSCH website that they have 2 models dedicated to colder winter temps(-20)..... the Snow Driver Blade and the Winter Blade. It would seem that the Snow Driver Blade would be the ideal pick for more northerly climates where snow buildup on the windscreen can often turn to ice buildup on the wiper blade. Has anyone come across either of these BOSCH models?
    Last edited by kdaug; 04-18-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Are the Bosch inserts really that much better than the OEM? I'm really not liking my new OEM wiper blades, they skip across the glass a lot even with lots of water.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Wierd. My blades work great after 18k miles and 8 months. No chatter. No skip. That said, I'll probably buy the Envisions because...less skip and chatter than zero, maybe? Lol

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow 2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by mutualcore View Post
    Are the Bosch inserts really that much better than the OEM? I'm really not liking my new OEM wiper blades, they skip across the glass a lot even with lots of water.
    Bosch Envisions are not inserts, they*re the whole blade. According to those who have used them, they seem to be happy with them. If I had a gen-2 CX-5, I*d have a hard time spending $60 for a pair of wiper blades.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

I'd be hesitant to spend that kind of money with no guarantee of success.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567