2011 BMW 528i, 2015 Mazda 6, 1995 Nissan Maxima Manual

Take a wet cloth rag and wipe both of the wipers until they are clean

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Not that I am buying one but... "This item does not ship to Australia"

(lol)

2017 CX-5, GT AWD w/Premium Pkg Eternal Blue Mica

Yesterday the Twin Cities area of Minnesota experienced our largest same-day snow event in 8 years. Officially 12.4" of relatively wet, heavy snow which started around 10am. Our business released us early and the commute home was 'interesting'. Wife and I took the CX-5 and I'll have to say it performed splendidly with no vices whatsoever using the OEM 19" TOYOs.

The stock wipers also performed adequately. We didn't notice any icing until almost home about 60 minutes later. Snow was coming down about 2" per hour and MSP airport was forced to close all 4 runways twice that day.

I'm appreciative of the heated area of the lower windscreen as it does seem to keep the buildup of snow/ice to a minimum in that area.

Registered Member
    Donated: $20

2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red

Quote Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
    Yesterday the Twin Cities area of Minnesota experienced our largest same-day snow event in 8 years. Officially 12.4" of relatively wet, heavy snow which started around 10am. Our business released us early and the commute home was 'interesting'. Wife and I took the CX-5 and I'll have to say it performed splendidly with no vices whatsoever using the OEM 19" TOYOs.

The stock wipers also performed adequately. We didn't notice any icing until almost home about 60 minutes later. Snow was coming down about 2" per hour and MSP airport was forced to close all 4 runways twice that day.

I'm appreciative of the heated area of the lower windscreen as it does seem to keep the buildup of snow/ice to a minimum in that area.
    An old trick (supposedly) my neighbor (WWII veteran - Russian) told me has worked for me. A dab of silicon oil (in his days it was some oil he called final drive oil) rubbed on the rubber wipers causes them to add a layer of oil on the windshield. Then the snow/rain doesn't even stick on the windshield. It has always worked for me.

Registered Member

Mazda Cx5 touring 2017

I have a 2017 CX5 Touring and for the most part I have been ok with the new vehicle. I had a 2001 Grand Cherokee that was going bad in the engine area, so I opted for something to get around town. Today we had a lot of snow and I had to be out in it. When the snow hit the warm windshield, it formed ice, so I put on the front windshield blower and it took care of it , but quickly froze. the wiper blades were useless as they didn't move the ice away. I had to on several occasions pull over and clean the wiper blades. It got so bad that it was nearly impossible to see out the front window. I won't comment about the back. So I called the local Mazda service, they guy said that the blades that come from the factory were not made for snow (what? no snow in Japan??) and that I should go to a local parts store like O'Reillys or Napa and get an aftermarket snow blade. Since Iwas coming in for the 5k oil change this week, they would put it on. SO I called around, no one had anything to fit. I went to Amazon and ordered a 24 inch driver side and 18 inch passenger and a 14 inch rear blade. Although they claim they fit on anything, but won't commit to this car. I am kind of pissed. Had I known this before I bought the vehicle,, then I might have looked further. Since I have it, I have to work with it. Does anyone know if what I chose will fit ? I have coming tomorrow,
    Bosch ICON 24A Wiper Blade, Bosch ICON 18B Wiper Blade. I can still order the Rain-X 5079280-2 Latitude Wiper Blade, 24" and the 18 inch same brand.

Registered Member
    Donated: $25

Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD

Costco sells Michelin blades here in Canada at least that claim to work on the 2017 CX-5. Has anyone tried those?

IskiE

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Bosch website says the new Bosch Envision work. Autozone has them, but their selector says they don't fit. It could just be Autozone selector is not updated yet.

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GS

Just got home driving with about a 2-3” wide strip of visibility. Man these wipers suck. Sub’d for future reference.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT

Just purchased the Bosch Envisions. Thankfully the EN24OE & EN18OE fit as long as you use the included adapter #6.

Last edited by Shiggy; 02-06-2018 at 09:48 PM.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggy View Post
    Just purchased the Bosch Envisions. Thankfully the EN24OE & EN18OE fit as long as you use the included adapter #6.

Thanks for the photo. Can we get a shot of them front on, fairly close up (not too close though) please

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggy View Post
    Shouldn't be long before you can test them out in Chicago, eh?

Please let us know how they perform.

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by isketerol View Post
    Costco sells Michelin blades here in Canada at least that claim to work on the 2017 CX-5. Has anyone tried those?

IskiE
    Depending on which ones they are, I tried some Michelin blades from Wal-Mart and 3 weeks later threw them away and bought a new set of Bosch Icons.

1 snowstorm and they iced up, streaked water, and made noises along the windshield. Truly the worst blades next to the OEM ones I have had on my CX-5.

Granted I'm a 2014, not a 2017, so mine can fit the Icons.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 87k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member
    Donated: $25

Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD

The OEM blades weren't stellar on the 2018 this morning. I had to pull huge chunks off off the blades when I got to work. Has no one tried the Costco Michelin blades or are those not available south of the border?

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by isketerol View Post
    The OEM blades weren't stellar on the 2018 this morning. I had to pull huge chunks off off the blades when I got to work. Has no one tried the Costco Michelin blades or are those not available south of the border?
    What model? The ones I tried at Wal-Mart we're the Optimum-XT. They were terrible.

Agreed on the OEM blades. I ripped mine off a couple weeks after I bought it. Fine for rain, awful for snow.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast