2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

It was a horrible drive from NY to Baltimore while snowing. I have to frequently use the wiper fluid just to be able to drive safely. Using just the wiper don't cut it. Never had this experiennce before.

Then what are those heating elements for? (uhm)
Or do you take exception with the idea that it's strong enough to melt ice? (flame)

Just to de-fog (demist) and that is it

Atleast that is what we have here

Then what are those heating elements for? (uhm)
Or do you take exception with the idea that it's strong enough to melt ice? (flame)

It works like the ones you have on the rear mirror, it activates the heating elements and melts the ice. But I find it somewhat useless while driving... it doesnt really melt the ice on the wipers itself...

It works like the ones you have on the rear mirror, it activates the heating elements and melts the ice. But I find it somewhat useless while driving... it doesnt really melt the ice on the wipers itself...

Right. My question was rhetorical.

I haven't tried my heated front wipers in the snow yet, but the last car I had with a similar system was an 04 Forester XT, and it wouldn't keep the snow/ice from building up on the front blades when driving in a snowstorm either. It may have helped a little, but not enough. How could it when the blades are only over the heated spot a small percentage of the time they're sweeping? It DID help keep the ice from building up at the bottom of their travel.

Has anybody driven in a snowstorm with a 17 yet? How did the front "heated" wipers do with regard to ice buildup? (yupnope)

I dropped by Autozone yesterday and they still don't have the replacement wipers for CX5 2017. This stock wipers are horrible in the snow. My experience was a trip from NY to Baltimore. As you use the wiper with the snow it made a somewhat blur/fog at the outside part of the windshield. The only way to clear it up is use the wiper fluid. Have to do these frequently on the entire trip. On the other hand on our trip home it was raining ,,,,,,,,, no problem so far.

All the major retailers dont carry any winter wipers , the dealer said only next year .
The wipers on my cx 5 2017 are a huge disappointment.

Yes but that's not in major capital cities. Only certain towns get snow here

Just messin with you, man. (rei)

You've heard of "sell the sizzle, not the steak", and "give the people what they want"? (direct)
I'll bet we all have the same thing, they just market it differently.

I had a 2013 cx5 and fitted Bosch Icon blades for the winters, fantastic blades in the ice/snow. Switched to a cx3 in 2015 and again bought Icons, superb. Took delivery of a 2017 cx5 last month, the wipers were awful on the highway in spray. Then it snowed, went to CT, no blades matched due to the arm fitting. Dealer said they should, but they dont. right now were not driving when theres a chance of snow or ice so were going to be house bound soon. Mazda shouldnt be allowed to sell this vehicle in Canada until they find a fix IMHO.

Back