2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

Here*s a link to Bosch*s page on the wipers, if it helps:

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/wiper-blades/oe-specialty-aerotwin?partID=3397014398

They have to have alternative 24*/18* top lock wipers...

Edit: on a side note, anyone have any idea why my apostrophes never appear on this website? They*re always replaced with *
Looks like Bosch AeroTwin part # 3397014398 is the one for gen-2 CX-5. It comes with 24/18 pair. Amazon has https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) which comes with 24"/19" Top Lock 19mm. If you look at the pictures carefully, the hook-up (Top Lock 19mm) looks different from Mazdas though.

BTW, my experience is if you post from Go Advanced, apostrophes or other special characters wont get replaced with *.

Im not sure I trust the photos. The second blade does need to be 18 though. The aerotwins only come in side or top lock.

Thanks for the go advanced tip!

Im not sure I trust the photos. The second blade does need to be 18 though. The aerotwins only come in side or top lock.

Thanks for the go advanced tip!
The pictures on Amazon are correct. Bosch AeroTwin wiper blades apparently are vehicle specific on hook-up adapter. The one selling at Amazon with Bosch part no. 3397118979 is designed specifically for most Euro vehicles such as Audi、VW、and some Mercedes Benz and BMWs. So only Bosch AeroTwin part no. 3397014398 is designed for gen-2 CX-5 with Mazdas proprietary hook-up adapter and correct blade length.

Bosch AeroTwin said:
Description
Outstanding visibility in any weather. Rain or snow. Day or night. Bosch Aerotwins innovative design and technological advancements provide excellent wiper performance.
Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades feature customized spring strips made of high-tech, Evodium steel. These spring strips ensure consistent high pressure across the entire length of the blades, pushing the blades on to the windscreen to avoid any wet patches during operation that could inhibit your vision and it does it all without juddering or squeaking.
Combined with an aerodynamic design that reduces windage, and a blended dual rubber compound with graphite coating, Aerotwin wiper blades provide the most silent operation possible while providing a clean consistent wipe.
Vehicle-specific pre-mounted, OE-equivalent adapter makes installation simple and easy - no searching for the right adapter or additional assembly necessary.

I was forced to drive in pouring rain and strong wind yesterday in the middle of the night and I can vouch that these Bosch wipers are super quiet and effective. No shuddering or hopping. I think I know what was wrong with the Mazda original wiper. They did not press uniformly on the screen and the tips vibrated and skipped. They even seemed to be angled slightly wrong. Bosch's description of their spring seems to hit the nail on the head. By the way the other article number quoted by Bosch while ordering them here via car's registration number is, BOSCH 3 397 014 398. I'll just post the site that shows all the Mazda CX 5 wipers, front and back, Bosch, Valeo and others.

https://www.trodo.se/torkarblad-bosch-3-397-014-398

https://www.trodo.se/torkarblad/mazda-cx-5-kf-2-0-awd-118kw-87906-cid

I was forced to drive in pouring rain and strong wind yesterday in the middle of the night and I can vouch that these Bosch wipers are super quiet and effective. No shuddering or hopping. I think I know what was wrong with the Mazda original wiper. They did not press uniformly on the screen and the tips vibrated and skipped. They even seemed to be angled slightly wrong. Bosch's description of their spring seems to hit the nail on the head. By the way the other article number quoted by Bosch while ordering them here via car's registration number is, BOSCH 3 397 014 398. I'll just post the site that shows all the Mazda CX 5 wipers, front and back, Bosch, Valeo and others.

https://www.trodo.se/torkarblad-bosch-3-397-014-398

https://www.trodo.se/torkarblad/mazda-cx-5-kf-2-0-awd-118kw-87906-cid
Same Bosch part number for USA mentioned previously.

Another rainy windy day and 2 hours drive yesterday getting to the winter cottage. Wipers worked great again. You do notice their presence since they are slightly thicker than the original mazda wiper. Or is it just me paying too much attention to the wipers! A case of wiper neurosis?

Another rainy windy day and 2 hours drive yesterday getting to the winter cottage. Wipers worked great again. You do notice their presence since they are slightly thicker than the original mazda wiper. Or is it just me paying too much attention to the wipers! A case of wiper neurosis?
Looks like youve found yourself (and for us if Bosch USA makes them available) a much better aftermarket wipers for gen-2 CX-5. This Bosch AeroTwin 3 397 014 398 wiper set should look nicer without additional hook-up adapter like Bosch Envisions. And more importantly, it costs only half of the price (33/$36.49 vs. $60)!

The credit must go to Bosch and Valeo for designing a wiper that is better than mazda's original. But then they are oem on their own right too. I do not know if it is Denso who made the mazda wipers but I guess they had to make a wiper that had to have uniform pressure on the wind screen and yet have replaceable thin rubber blade. Too many compromises?

The credit must go to Bosch and Valeo for designing a wiper that is better than mazda's original. But then they are oem on their own right too. I do not know if it is Denso who made the mazda wipers but I guess they had to make a wiper that had to have uniform pressure on the wind screen and yet have replaceable thin rubber blade. Too many compromises?
Yeah OEM wiper blades for gen-2 CX-5 should be made by Denso, as gen-1s are Densos. I wonder if the rubber refill on Bosch AeroTwin wiper blade is replaceable like OEMs?

And Bosch and Valeo are one company now manufacturing wiper blade?

Has anyone tried the NAPA house branded ExactFit WIP6024FZ and WIP6018FZ. These appear to have the Mazda OE attachment without the need for adapters. I'm guessing these are made by Trico - but not certain.

I just sent Bosch an email asking if there is an equivalent product available here in the states.

No response from Bosch.

That's kinda weird. I've sent some number of such inquiries to manufacturers and have never been completely ignored like this. I'm pretty sure the email address was valid...it didn't bounce back.

Regarding the NAPAs...folks on a few chat forums also said they are TRICO. Nothing about it on the NAPA website.

No response from Bosch.

That's kinda weird. I've sent some number of such inquiries to manufacturers and have never been completely ignored like this. I'm pretty sure the email address was valid...it didn't bounce back.

Regarding the NAPAs...folks on a few chat forums also said they are TRICO. Nothing about it on the NAPA website.
I believe Bosch AeroTwin 3 397 014 398 wiper set should be a direct fit to gen-2 CX-5 front wipers and its very likely available in the US based on the Bosch US catalog Candurin provided. Id call their 888 number provided in the bottom of catalog page to find out the availability.

Contact Us
888 715 3616
IN NORTH AMERICA
8AM - 5PM CST MON-FRI

Here*s a link to Bosch*s page on the wipers, if it helps:

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/wiper-blades/oe-specialty-aerotwin?partID=3397014398

They have to have alternative 24*/18* top lock wipers...

I just recently bought the most expensive set of Bosch wipers (O'Reily's Auto Parts) for my wife's Lexus. They fit perfectly and are very smooth and quiet.

I have them

Has anyone tried the NAPA house branded ExactFit WIP6024FZ and WIP6018FZ. These appear to have the Mazda OE attachment without the need for adapters. I'm guessing these are made by Trico - but not certain.

Yup, I got them on my 2017. Fit is like OEM. Narrow Top Lock. No attachment or adapter needed. No clatter or skipping. So far its been great in the rain. Im in NorCal, so havent tried them in the snow yet.

I just ordered a pair of the Bosch AeroTwin 3397014398 from Amazon. I got a warning about "This item requires special handling and cannot be shipped to your selected location" so I switched my delivery address from my PO Box to my street address where UPS and FedEx regularly deliver and the order was accepted.

Latest posts

Back