2017 GT - Multiple Malfunction Messages

I'm thinking that high pressure water may be getting somewhere that it shouldn't, somewhere that should be protected from the water but isn't. Then when it goes out in the cold, even a day later, the water freezes....

Well make sure the window seals are solid as the camera attached to the windscreen behind the rear vision mirror is where all the functions work from

I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's only happened once. Happened on my CRV once while there was light rain, never happened again. I attribute it to the software crashing. It's happened to other CRV owners as well. I'm starting to think its a common thing among vehicles that use these type of radar/collision/lane control systems.

Anything on your windshield where the camera is (uhm)

Nope. Nothing on windshield. Clean and dry.

Went to dealer. They reset computer to factory settings. No error messages since. If it happens again they will replace the camera module.
Supposedly the 2018 models have an improved camera module from the early 2017 models to deal with this issue. Basically it seems to be either software reset issue, and if that fails an module replacement issue.

Nope. Nothing on windshield. Clean and dry.

Went to dealer. They “reset” computer to factory settings. No error messages since. If it happens again they will replace the camera module.
Supposedly the 2018 models have an improved camera module from the early 2017 models to deal with this issue. Basically it seems to be either software reset issue, and if that fails an module replacement issue.
Ahh, good to know. Thanks for the information :)

• Feedback section on website (uhm)
  • Log issue with dealerships (uhm)
  • All owners with issues contact Mazda NO HQ via email phone etc (uhm)

Fair is fair, I'll give you the last one (drunk) This having been my 4th Mazda, I can tell you that none of the other two items will result in any significant action in Canada :/

Interesting! I wonder if there is a TSB for this...

I have had my car for +2 years now. Off and on - for no rhyme or reason that message pops up. Windshield - clean. I use the defog, wipers, etc. but many times it just stays. I have a suspicion its faulty. At the same time cant prove it as after a car wash the system behaves normally. Also sun glare has a major impact, many times it goes kaput when encountering flickering glare. I drive thru NY City and the tall buildings cause a lot of reflections off and on.
I have taken it to 2 dealerships : twice. Both time they came back: there's no TSB on this, there's nothing wrong. Personally, I feel mine's got a problem as even if there's no glare it just sometimes goes pop - error message. I have made sure the windshield is clean. Yes - the problem is more pronounced during winter, especially when abnormally cold/snow/etc.

Fair is fair, I'll give you the last one (drunk) This having been my 4th Mazda, I can tell you that none of the other two items will result in any significant action in Canada :/
That is pathetic on Mazda Canada's behalf

That is pathetic on Mazda Canada's behalf
At least Mazda Canada has been listening and offers more features customers want, such as unlimited mileage on powertrain warranty、memory seat and power passenger seat (for 2016.5 CX-5)、paddle shifter、one-touch open/close non-driver power windows with illuminated switch、pedestrian detection system、etc not found on US CX-5!

At least Mazda Canada has been listening and offers more features customers want, such as unlimited mileage on powertrain warranty、memory seat and power passenger seat (for 2016.5 CX-5)、paddle shifter、one-touch open/close non-driver power windows with illuminated switch、pedestrian detection system、etc not found on US CX-5!

Paddle shifters would've been a nifty novelty, but they weren't included up here :(

I saw the other thread briefly yesterday - It didn't come to fruition for the '17s, didn't hear anything about the '18s

Paddle shifters would've been a nifty novelty, but they weren't included up here :(
attachment.php

6A564CD1-D184-4F8D-847F-F6B7F74D1AC3.png

And Canadas only Mazda Unlimited Mileage Warranty standard on all new models is applicable to 3-Year New Vehicle, 3-Year Roadside Assistance, 5-Year Powertrain and 7-Year Anti-Perforation Warranties.

I have a 2018 Mazda 6. I had the car detailed and the detailer cleaned the inside of my engine. a week later I started seeing this message as well. Malfunction for Radar and Braking. Then when it comes on, I check engine light comes on with one more light. And then the car jerks while driving. The dealer reset it. They are telling me there was residue on PCM Connector. Yesterday after going to the dealer, it came on, but when I pulled over and cleaned slush on the grille symbol, the error went away and eventually the check engine light. Seems like it happened and set off malfunction when the front sensor got dirty although I went through a car wash (brushlesss) and while I was drying the car, the error came on again and the car was not driveable. Dealer is trying to tell me this is not covered under the warranty. This is my 3rd Mazda but none have had the Radar Cruise Control. I had he car a year and no problems in the snow. Any thoughts?

neal, your car is covered under 3 year 36K Warranty. Now after you washed it and this came up - either Mazda should have specified never to wash the car in their manual or the engine bay in the user manual. You need to call Mazda corporate. This also is a safety issue - Mazda should look at it and determine what went wrong and give you a loaner. Why is the dealer saying it is not under warranty? when did you buy it?

neal, your car is covered under 3 year 36K Warranty. Now after you washed it and this came up - either Mazda should have specified never to wash the car in their manual or the engine bay in the user manual. You need to call Mazda corporate. This also is a safety issue - Mazda should look at it and determine what went wrong and give you a loaner. Why is the dealer saying it is not under warranty? when did you buy it?
I agree with you Kaps. That Mazda dealer is simply incompetent and neal594b should either find another Mazda dealer, or contact Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations trying to resolve the issue under warranty. And to neal594b, make sure to use free Mazda Roadside Assistance to tow your Mazda6 to the dealer if the car is not drivable.

Back