2017 GT Premium - Audio Experience

Nyrjoe

:
2017 CX5 GT
Hi,

I'm looking for detailed specs of the system (i.e. amp wattage, amp brand/model)? Feel my system is missing some oomph or energy, need to really crank volume to get decent loudness, especially on highway. Overall sound quality is decent, but lacking something special. Anyone have a similar experience?

I quite like the Bose system in my '17 GT.

First off, I would suggest you turn the center point off.
I've adjusted the bass/treble settings a bit (a bit more bass to offset the treble), and fade to the rear a bit. Fading to the rear allows you to turn it up a bit and get more from the sub.

Hope that helps.

Took all but a few minutes to realize Centerpoint needs to be off. Been playing around with bass and treble to try to bring more clarity to mid-range, still tweaking. Will try more fade adjustments as well. Thanks for the input!

I quite like the Bose system in my '17 GT.

First off, I would suggest you turn the center point off.
I've adjusted the bass/treble settings a bit (a bit more bass to offset the treble), and fade to the rear a bit. Fading to the rear allows you to turn it up a bit and get more from the sub.

Hope that helps.

Tried this today and it really helps.

For the Bose system I feel a lack of weight in the lows so I added a small sub and unplugged the existing Bose sub.
5 woofer used in Bose sub is simply too small to give enough punch for bass. 8 speaker/driver for bass is the minimum size IMHO.

Thanks. It rolls off at around 40hz but the mainstream lows are still very evident. It's not "audiophile" grade I guess since there is nada below 25hz but lately I'm more into regular "teen" music because of my youngest daughter so I tend to kinda enjoy the music rather than being critical.

Plus footprint is very small and to top it off, it can be removed in less than 1 minute by a simple turning of a big knob and unplugging the terminal. No tools required!

Thanks. It rolls off at around 40hz but the mainstream lows are still very evident. It's not "audiophile" grade I guess since there is nada below 25hz but lately I'm more into regular "teen" music because of my youngest daughter so I tend to kinda enjoy the music rather than being critical.

Plus footprint is very small and to top it off, it can be removed in less than 1 minute by a simple turning of a big knob and unplugging the terminal. No tools required!
I imagine you leave Bose sub in spare tire area although you dont use it right now. Do you use some kind of adapter to connect Infiniti Basslink DC with Bose sub wire?

I imagine you leave Bose sub in spare tire area although you don’t use it right now. Do you use some kind of adapter to connect Infiniti Basslink DC with Bose sub wire?

I just tapped on the existing sub wire. No adapters since the sub is removable I can simply plug back the Bose sub and remove the Infiniti sub.

Where'd you mount it?

At the driver's (left) side. It's so I can still utilize the center and right side. Width is just right for the left rear seat.
fcf69757459d861fb54016b18957b867.jpg

Back