Climate control problems

Clutchdog83

:
08 mazda 5
I have an 08 mazda 5 with auto climate controls. My problem is when I first start the car in the morning, the controls work fine, but after about 30 minutes to an hour it stops working. The display shows that it's on but the controls don't work. If I shut the car off and restart it, the display won't come on. The radio display and everything else works, but no climate controls. If the car sits for awhile like 2-3 hours everything starts working again. I've checked the relays and circuit breakers all is good. So is it the climate controls that is bad? Has anybody had this problem?

does the climate control stop working if you leave it on cold? to me it sounds like the heater is overheating a fuse or something.

I haven't tried it on cold but it wouldn't be a fuse as it comes back on after about 2-3 hours after you turn the car off. But the relays and circuit breakers are all good.

Yeah like I said, get a used climate control unit on ebay (or a local auto salvage yard).

If you get one on ebay, you can most likely return the unit if it doesn't solve the issue, just read the return details before you order one.

They are all the same from 2008-2010.

Last edited:
OK so far it seems to be working. I replaced it with one I got off ebay, the junk yard didn't have it like they said they did. But it works. I hope this helps out someone else.

Back