Remove Front Radar Sensor Blocked warning message while driving

Nyrjoe

:
2017 CX5 GT
Took my 2017 GT out in light snowy weather for the first time. Was not using cruise control or distance recognition warning. While driving on the highway I suddenly got a front radar sensor blocked message in the instrument panel. The warning message would not go away, (obstructed other data in the instrument panel) until I stopped the vehicle shut off the engine and restarted. Checking the manual it states to clean the front radar sensor if this message appears. Obviously cleaning the sensor while on the highway is not doable. Anyone have a way to disable/acknowledge the message when it appears besides stopping and starting the vehicle?

Thanks

I believe simply pressing the 'info' button on the steering wheel gets rid of the message. It worked for me once when I got the blocked camera message when window was still fogged up a bit.

I believe simply pressing the 'info' button on the steering wheel gets rid of the message. It worked for me once when I got the blocked camera message when window was still fogged up a bit.

Correct ... I've done this on more than one occasion.

When it happened to me, I just cleaned the windshield with wipers and fluid.
It went away. No need to stop.

Back