Stop and Go Cruise Control on the 2017 CX-9?

:
2017 Crystal Mica Blue GT CX9
Does anyone know if it is possible to get true stop and go radar cruise control functionality added to the 2017 CX-9 GTs via sw update? I understand that the 2018s have the ability to go down all the way to 0 mph, unlike the 2016/17 model years which cut out at 15mph. I'd have assumed the hardware is relatively similar between these two model years

It's not a software update only, in the dash instrument, there is Hold light between the tachometer and speedometer. to let you know that break is on hold and the car can auto resume after.

The adaptive cruise control is one of my favorite features in this car. The fact that it cuts out below 15 mph is one of the worst nuisances of this car - makes it far less functional in normal Southern California freeway traffic.

It's not a software update only, in the dash instrument, there is Hold light between the tachometer and speedometer. to let you know that break is on hold and the car can auto resume after.

That sucks. I would have hoped that they could configure it so the interactive screen displays hold functionality...oh well

Does anyone know if it is possible to get true stop and go radar cruise control functionality added to the 2017 CX-9 GTs via sw update? I understand that the 2018s have the ability to go down all the way to 0 mph, unlike the 2016/17 model years which cut out at 15mph. I'd have assumed the hardware is relatively similar between these two model years
What do you mean by all the way down to 0 mph? When I set my adaptive cruise control to it will keep it's distance from the car infront of you based on how far you want it to be. If the car infront stops..... my car stops. If he starts moving forward,,, my car moves forward as well. Is this what you are looking for? I will try it again tomorrow just to be sure.

What do you mean by all the way down to 0 mph? When I set my adaptive cruise control to it will keep it's distance from the car infront of you based on how far you want it to be. If the car infront stops..... my car stops. If he starts moving forward,,, my car moves forward as well. Is this what you are looking for? I will try it again tomorrow just to be sure.

Yes but for the 16 and 17 models years, once the adaptive cruise control decelerates to 15 mph, it automatically cancels ACC mode and you will have to manually depress the brake pedal. Whereas the 18 model year will accelerate again from under 15 mph.

I peeked your signature, it looks like you have a 2017 CX-5. If so, your version of ACC has "true" stop and go radar cruise control. This feature was not released on CX-9s until MY18 vehicles. On the 2016-2017 CX-9s, once your adaptive cruise control gets under 15mph, it gets disabled and a warning flags.

Ah, yes. And, I've got people telling me that I should not have upgraded from the 2017 Signature to the 2018 Signature, LOL!

Love that Auto Throttle w/Radar Cruise in the new 2018 - that's for sure. ;) I've been wearing that thing out ever since I did that silly little "upgrade." Works like a charm in traffic on the freeway, too. Yep - had a romp in the canyons and then drove all the way back home some 76 miles down from Santa Cruz using nothing but Auto Throttle and Radar Cruise. Yep - sure did.

Too funny. (eekdance)

I think Mazda got the name wrong. Start Stop should be simply, Auto Throttle.

Yes, that is one of the reasons I decided to move to the Mazda SUV world and away from another new Odyssey. Once you have had it it's hard to go back.

Back