2017~2024 Rigid (Non-retractable) Cargo Cover for CX-5?

Jokerman

Does anyone here know if there's a vendor that offers a rigid, non-retractable cargo cover for the 2017 CX-5? This would be something like the cargo cover on a Mazda 3, a hard shelf rather than soft fabric. It's removable when necessary, and it looks much more like an integral part of the car than the retractable things. I haven't seen one for the CX-5, but I'd be very interested in buying one if it exists.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything like that. The retractable 2017 one pops out easier than my girlfriends Mazda 2 cover though. And takes up a tiny amount of space when stored.

Retractable covers all look cheesy to me, and every time I see a car with one extended, I think, "They must be hiding something under that." A hard shelf simply looks like it's a normal part of the car. With a hard cover, I would probably have it in place 95% of the time, only taking it out when I need to move large cargo with the seats folded flat. It wouldn't matter to me if it took a bit of extra effort to remove or install it.

Back