Soften Front Seats?

Nyrjoe

:
2017 CX5 GT
In a new 2017 GT, biggest disappointment thus far has been the front seats, in particular the passenger seat. The sides of the seat cushion is quite hard and push up into our thighs and back pockets.. Lumbar is fine. I'm guessing over time they should soften a bit but would like to speed that up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

In a new 2017 GT, biggest disappointment thus far has been the front seats, in particular the passenger seat. The sides of the seat cushion is quite hard and push up into our thighs and back pockets.. Lumbar is fine. I'm guessing over time they should soften a bit but would like to speed that up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

you're just gonna have to keep sitting in them and they will soften up. I remember I had the same issue when my car was new, seats got nice and comfy after maybe 6-10k miles?

Too hard you say?

Maybe place some semi nude pics of Rosie O'Donnell in your car, that should take care of anything that's too hard. (popcorn)

I also noticed that leather seats tend to be harder than their fabric counterpart. Maybe because leather seats need to maintain their form better?

They drove me nuts too. I had an upholsterer soften those bolsters.

IMG_3689.jpg

Wow, did this resolve the problem? Just to confirm once leather was put back the issues didn't persist. You used an auto upholsterer?

Wow, did this resolve the problem? Just to confirm once leather was put back the issues didn't persist. You used an auto upholsterer?

I know, a bit drastic with a 35k car but it just made my legs numb after a while and it spoiled my enjoyment of it. He cut those hard bolsters of and re formed them with much softer foam. Yes, a professional automotive upholster. He had the seat out and stripped in about five minutes. I think it cost 160 (about $190).

IMG_3684.jpg

Back