2015 Mazda 6 GT Battery * I-Eloop *

mixmasterlove

Contributor
So I needed a boost for the 1st time ever and then went to AutoZone. They said my battery was bad. I was about to buy one UNTIL I remembered that my car has I-Eloop. I started looking online and am in shock of the prices! The cheapest I've found thus far is $350.00. Has anyone else been raped buying 1 of these batteries?

Last edited:
Had mine replaced under warranty! Side note, you cannot put these special batteries on a typical charger, it won't work! Dealerships have a special, high amp charger for these specific batteries. Make sure your battery is at fault, the charging system on these cars are very different! I charged mine at home then was confused as to why my "regen meter" wasn't reading/displaying. It was due to improper charge!

Meaning, go to the dealer and have them do a proper test of your charging system. Only their big fancy diagnostics computer can properly test them. Your typical hand held tester will not work!

I spoke to my mechanic friend from Mazda and he told me the same thing regarding the special meter. Thankfully no problems since that day. It was my fault for leaving the all the power on without the car running.

Wish I had known this, couple weekends ago my battery died when I came out to it. AAA jumped it and their reading was the battery is bad so I just had them replace it. Oh well, it was a Sunday and no time off work to go to a dealer. $150 vs $300+

Back