Next Generation Mazda 6 confirmed

But they say that the AWD can only be mated to the 2.2 diesel.

that's pretty much what I said... only offered/paired with their diesels. i probably should have omitted the word confusing from the previous post. What I don't know is the difference in the overall engine external sizes (Gas vs Diesel).

Last edited:
So probably the diesel packaging is different from the 2.5T. Perhaps the exhaust plumbing doesn't require as much space. That might explain why they haven't offered the 2.5T in the CX-5.

So probably the diesel packaging is different from the 2.5T. Perhaps the exhaust plumbing doesn't require as much space. That might explain why they haven't offered the 2.5T in the CX-5.

Exactly. That's why I brought up the fitment in CX3. I think they had problems with the header. And this is the same problem they had on the previous gen 3... the long gas scavenging header wouldn't fit.

that's pretty unscientific. looks can be deceiving.

Yes but since I am not in the automotive industry then this is all I got

Besides that Coleman dude didn't rule it out in one of his videos he was in when it was released earlier this year.

At any rate, next Mazda 6 should build on this current one. Only thing is the market has moved to SUV's so unless it swings back to passenger cars, the new one might still not sell as well

Details on updated wagon:

2018 Mazda 6 wagon facelift unveiled ahead of Geneva

2ef6tzc.jpg

We in the U.S need to petition Mazda to bring the Wagon over. This is insane that we can't have it. Even if they just allowed customer orders it would be nice. That wagon is stunning!

We in the U.S need to petition Mazda to bring the Wagon over. This is insane that we can't have it. Even if they just allowed customer orders it would be nice. That wagon is stunning!

You could always try and import one in

Back