Next Generation Mazda 6 confirmed

My guess is due to the fact the M4 is RWD and that boandlkramer wants similar performance but with AWD

^^This and M40i has 355HP, its no slouch.

My suggestion personally would be to hold onto your M4 until the next generation 3 series comes out.

If you want a crossover, why not get a bigger sedan like a 5 series or something? More sleek and good looking then the x4 IMO.

If you sell your M4, you will regret it. No car in this world can compare to a RWD BMW whipping around a corner under throttle. Im only mentioning this because my expensive with a RWD car was my f10 528i with winter tires, which I found to be totally manageable and actually quite a lot of fun in snow.

My suggestion personally would be to hold onto your M4 until the next generation 3 series comes out.

If you want a crossover, why not get a bigger sedan like a 5 series or something? More sleek and good looking then the x4 IMO.

If you sell your M4, you will regret it. No car in this world can compare to a RWD BMW whipping around a corner under throttle.

TBH, I’m “rotund” and getting older.; climbing in/out will get challenging. I don’t need a family car as my kids are adults. The X4 m40i is probably the best compromise for what I seek.

TBH, I’m “rotund” and getting older.; climbing in/out will get challenging. I don’t need a family car as my kids are adults. The X4 m40i is probably the best compromise for what I seek.

Since you dont need a family car anymore, I was actually thinking that your current lineup in the stable suits your needs really well. The CX-5 for utility, M4 for your weekend car to have fun in? Its a good pairing.

I got all excited that AWD might be coming soon, but then I read this article:

http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/16686/mazda-wants-all-wheel-drive-in-the-next-3-and-6

Apparently, they can't fit AWD in the current sedans. So this means the earliest opportunity would be in the all-new 3. More likely the all-new 6 which is 2-3 years away I think.

The next Mazda 6 will be RWD, but Im sure they will offer AWD for Canadian markets and what-not. but I think it will be something like a BMW where you wont get the most potential from the vehicle during spirited driving or the best balance with AWD (unless were are talking well over 400ft/lb of torque anyways)

The next Mazda 6 will be RWD, but Im sure they will offer AWD for Canadian markets and what-not. but I think it will be something like a BMW where you wont get the most potential from the vehicle during spirited driving or the best balance with AWD (unless were are talking well over 400ft/lb of torque anyways)

You keep saying this, and while I certainly agree a RWD set up would give the 6 some much needed panache, I just don't see it happening. All signs point to the next gen skyactiv-x engine being used in FWD set ups.

Back