2014 CX-5 Clicked from both rear wheels

:
2014 mazda cx5 touring
So I just left the dealer, this is my 4th trip for the same problem. Like 3 months back started to hear a clicking type noise from the rear wheel driver side, then it started on the passenger side.
After lots of back and forth, brakes being checked, etc. the dealer said I needed new wheel bearings. So I pick up the car today from the dealer after they did the job and its still making the noise. no cost to me it was under the power train warranty.

I now have to go back next Tuesday and they are going to call Mazda to see what they need to do next. Its doesn't make the noise on the lift without the weight of the car pushing down. They said it may be some rust build up or something in the cradle that holds the pads in. I find it odd that it would do it on both sides. and one side started before the other Or that something is loose. The rear pads and rotors were changed by Mazda like 8 months ago. the noises did not start till months after I got the brakes done. My father in-law who is a mechanic looked at it as well and did not see anything wrong.

I'm super frustrated and not sure what to do. There is no other Mazda dealer around unless I want to drive an hour and a half or more. I live near Myrtle Beach SC.
I don't want to pay a local shop especially if I find out its something still covered under warranty

Anyone have any opinions? the car only has 41K on it. The dealer said they checked everything they could under the car, checked for anything loose etc.

It could be the issue with EPB and your rear pads wearing thin and the click is a warning sound - have them check it out.
It could also be that the torque used to tighten the lug nuts is not as per spec. Have then confirm that.

If it is the brake pads wearing out at 41K and your mpg is good, get new pads. If your mpg has been bad i fear its the EPB issue and get Mazda to fix it. Basically the parking brake does not disengage fully hurting mpg and wearing pads out soon.

Above guesses are based on two threads on these forums for rear clicking. Google CX5 Rear clicking sound and you get the results.
Gl.

Could it be as simple as a stone or nail stuck somewhere in the tread of both tires making the clicking noise?

Doesn't make the noise on the lift as the tires not making contact with the ground?

Are the ticking noises always the same duration while driving or does it increase in duration with speed?

They are going to focus on the brakes when it goes back next week. They are calling Mazda to see what they should look into next as they are at the point they are not sure what the problem is. They just replaced the rear pads and rotors, rear brake job about 6 months ago. They say they checked the brakes already and everything looks good. My father in-law also looked at the brakes and did not see any obvious issue. My MPG has been the same for a long time no change after the rear brakes done or when this noise started.

I don't have the EPB on my 2014.

The clicking duration speeds up as the car speeds up, going forward or back.

I will make sure to ask them to check torque on the lugs, maybe defective pads or rotors?

Well dealer found the issue after putting it on the alignment rack today since the noise goes away when on the lift. They were able to then duplicate the noise and its coming from the rear diff.
So the part is ordered and I will be getting the rear diff replaced at 42K on the car. Dealer cant give me a reason why it went bad at such low mileage. Got to wait a week for it to come in then bring it back again. That will be 6 trips to the dealer, but it paid off being persistent. Glad to get this done now before my warranty is up next July and I needed to foot the bill

I think you are right. Thats sounds like the problem. They even mentioned the updated rear diff they will be installing.

Back