Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Mazda says "no" to CVTs

  1. #61
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Don't rain on my parade!

    I actually think this could be one of Mazda's 'weaknesses'. You look at a similar company like Subaru and they've done well by embracing the fringe, embracing being different (though they are progressively moving mainstream as they've built market share).

    Mazda needs to get their diesel to North America, keep designing some of the best looking vehicles out there, and embrace fringe drivers that like things like wagons and manual transmissions etc.

    Eat up all the market share VW lost from TDI fanatics, support us loons who like wagons, the enthusiasts who want manuals, the affordable sports car junkies that have made the Miata the best selling sports car in history. Embrace your core strengths.
    No raining at all

    Subaru embraces the fringe but they don't sell many cars here. So that's not a good solution

    Since Mazda is a small independent(ish) company, they can't do everything they want and the lack of manual availability is probably related to this

  2. #62
    Registered Member

    Suzuki SX4

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    No raining at all

    Subaru embraces the fringe but they don't sell many cars here. So that's not a good solution

    Since Mazda is a small independent(ish) company, they can't do everything they want and the lack of manual availability is probably related to this

    Subaru sells a lot here in North America. So it appears to be here.

  3. #63
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Subaru sells a lot here in North America. So it appears to be here.
    Your market in general is bigger.

    Over here Mazda is number 2 brand behind Toyota but the sales volume is still smallish

  4. #64
    Registered Member

    Suzuki SX4

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Your market in general is bigger.

    Over here Mazda is number 2 brand behind Toyota but the sales volume is still smallish

    While Subaru's 3.5% USA market share is still relatively small, it's twice Mazda's 1.7%.

    IMO, embracing their core/fringe drivers would close that gap.

  5. #65
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Maybe but I have my doubts....

    Good luck to them if they decide to do this

  6. #66
    Registered Member

    Suzuki SX4

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    I'm still at a bit of a loss as to my next car. The EPA/CARB seem to be doing everything in their power to delay the CX5 diesel...and I get a bit sad every time I drive my wife's manual 3 (or even my decidedly less sporty manual SX4) about being forced to drive a freaking automatic because I want something a little bigger, that can tow and maybe has AWD.

    It's so frustrating how limited in selection we are here in North America

  7. #67
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    I'm still at a bit of a loss as to my next car. The EPA/CARB seem to be doing everything in their power to delay the CX5 diesel...and I get a bit sad every time I drive my wife's manual 3 (or even my decidedly less sporty manual SX4) about being forced to drive a freaking automatic because I want something a little bigger, that can tow and maybe has AWD.

    It's so frustrating how limited in selection we are here in North America
    If you are not in a rush, wait a bit longer and maybe the diesel will be released soonish

  8. #68
    Registered Member

    Suzuki SX4

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    If you are not in a rush, wait a bit longer and maybe the diesel will be released soonish
    With an auto....

  9. #69
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    With an auto....
    I wasn't expecting the manual considering we don't get it here.

    Only Europe as quite a fuel manuals are sold there

  10. #70
    Registered Member

    Suzuki SX4

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Only Europe as quite a fuel manuals are sold there
    Asia and South America too.

    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    It's so frustrating how limited in selection we are here in North America

  11. #71
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    2015 Mazda6 Touring Sonic Silver Sedan 2.5L

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Asia and South America too.
    Maybe the business case isn't there

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2015, 05:06 PM
  2. OEM 17" Mazda 3 "Snowflake" Wheels, New Tires, TPMS
    By typeshluder in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 09:47 AM
  4. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
  5. WTB: "Mazda" and "Protege5" Badges
    By meinp5 in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •