My new 2018 CX-9 GT SBS, SCBS, ASCBS questions!

:
2018 Madza CX-9 GT
My new 2018 CX-9 GT SBS, SCBS, ASCBS questions!

Got my new 2018 GT CX-9 and loving it. Trying to get used to the differences between my 2014 and this new one. Overall, Im very very pleased with it!

Im wondering if anyone out there has any more info on the Smart City Brake Support?

The manual seems confusing as it seems to describe 3 different systems
SBS - Smart Brake Support
SCBS - Smart City Brake Support
ASCBS Advanced Smart City Brake Support

But are they not all a single system? (Or is it that certain models have one of the three)?

BUT MY REAL QUESTION IS, what is the relation between any of these Smart Brake Systems and my MCRR (Radar Cruise with Stop & Go)?

I have not found any info on the relationship between the 2 systems. What Im asking is suppose Im cruising along using Radar Cruise the car in front of me stops my car stops automatically. (Works great). But what stopped me? Smart Brakes or Radar Cruise?

I guess my question is do they both work independently? If I have Radar Cruise OFF, would Smart Brake have stopped me anyway?

Got my new 2018 GT CX-9 and loving it. Trying to get used to the differences between my 2014 and this new one. Overall, I’m very very pleased with it!

I’m wondering if anyone out there has any more info on the Smart City Brake Support?

The manual seems confusing as it seems to describe 3 different systems
SBS - Smart Brake Support
SCBS - Smart City Brake Support
ASCBS – Advanced Smart City Brake Support

But are they not all a single system? (Or is it that certain models have one of the three)?

BUT MY REAL QUESTION IS, what is the relation between any of these “Smart Brake Systems” and my MCRR (Radar Cruise with Stop & Go)?

I have not found any info on the relationship between the 2 systems. What I’m asking is suppose I’m cruising along using Radar Cruise – the car in front of me stops – my car stops automatically. (Works great). But what stopped me? Smart Brakes or Radar Cruise?

I guess my question is do they both work independently? If I have Radar Cruise OFF, would Smart Brake have stopped me anyway?

SBS - for speeds above where SCBS functions (above 30kph)
SCBS - for low speed only or below 30kph usually in city traffic and cruise control isn't engaged
ASCBS - not sure but I believe this involves pedestrian detection at low speed
MRCC with stop and go - this is what stopped your vehicle when you were in cruise control and was following a vehicle ahead up to a complete stop.

Apparently ASCBS works up to 80kmph, about double the distance of SCBS, uses a new camera and detects pedestrians.

See an explanation here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCBr49Lvko

Last edited:
Back