I recorded the noises in my CX9 Turbo. Here the samples.

cubanomx

:
Mazda CX9 2016 GT AWD
Hi,

This is my 2nd CX9, I had the CX9 Sport V6 on 2011 and switch to a new CX9 AWD GT Red Soul on june 2016. I has been very happy with the performance and handling. Family likes the ride and I don't regret to purchase it.

One of the reason I purchase the new Mazda Model was the new isolation and silence when you drive. On the initial months was like I was driving an space ship.

But from 2 - 3 months now I see more and more noises comming from everywhere. I somethimes feel like if I'm driving an old 15 year car!

Heading work is not an issue because I drive with Google Play or Spotify so I don't hear this anonyin noises too much, but when I go with family and little baby boy and he is sleeping, I mute everything and then we ONLY hear the sounds of my brakes and other more incredible like missing oil in the shock absorbers maybe?. No idea!. Please hear and let me know your feedback.

My CX9 is 1 1/2 years old but only have 12,000 km (like 6000 miles) so is almost new. I live in MX City.

Enjoy!!

Brake Noise:

https://soundcloud.com/user-152580619/sound-brakes-cx9-turbo-noises

Shock Absorbers Noise:

https://soundcloud.com/user-152580619/sound-shock-absorbers-cx9-turbo

Hi,

This is my 2nd CX9, I had the CX9 Sport V6 on 2011 and switch to a new CX9 AWD GT Red Soul on june 2016. I has been very happy with the performance and handling. Family likes the ride and I don't regret to purchase it.

One of the reason I purchase the new Mazda Model was the new isolation and silence when you drive. On the initial months was like I was driving an space ship.

But from 2 - 3 months now I see more and more noises comming from everywhere. I somethimes feel like if I'm driving an old 15 year car!

Heading work is not an issue because I drive with Google Play or Spotify so I don't hear this anonyin noises too much, but when I go with family and little baby boy and he is sleeping, I mute everything and then we ONLY hear the sounds of my brakes and other more incredible like missing oil in the shock absorbers maybe?. No idea!. Please hear and let me know your feedback.

My CX9 is 1 1/2 years old but only have 12,000 km (like 6000 miles) so is almost new. I live in MX City.

Enjoy!!

Brake Noise:

Shock Absorbers Noise:

Sounds like a trip to the dealer is necessary for warranty repair....

Yeah, have you been to the dealer? My '18 is so quiet I sometimes wonder if it's running.

The suspension noise sounds like a rubber bushing is failing on one of the strut/springs/sway bar. Not normal, and should be fixed under warranty. Putting the car up on a drive-on lift, and bouncing it should identify the noise easily.

Those brakes are noisy! Do you ever brake hard, from a high speed? Periodic high speed brakes can heat up the brakes, and knock off any corrosion/dirt. Find a safe place...

Hi,

Enjoy!!

Brake Noise:

Shock Absorbers Noise:

thats dreadful for a 12k mileage car... better have your undercarriage checked.

my Gen 1 only has a minor squeak on the center console and its already annoying me, those sounds on yours would drive me crazy!

Hi,

Enjoy!!

Brake Noise:

Shock Absorbers Noise:

sounds like a bushing on the suspension .. that's not usual, I guess it would be wise to go to the dealer
regarding the brakes noise sounds like dust in the disc.. first thing id do would be to put some air on them, or brakes cleaner ... that might solve it instantly .. has happened to me before in different brands of cars and usually that soleves it.
on the other hand..the sound of the engine is much better on the recording than on reality .. :)
M

sounds like a bushing on the suspension .. that's not usual, I guess it would be wise to go to the dealer
regarding the brakes noise sounds like dust in the disc.. first thing id do would be to put some air on them, or brakes cleaner ... that might solve it instantly .. has happened to me before in different brands of cars and usually that soleves it.
on the other hand..the sound of the engine is much better on the recording than on reality .. :)
M

yes! the engine sounds was nice! haha.

do you know if I can purchase brakes cleaner on amazon?. Is just an spray?

thats dreadful for a 12k mileage car... better have your undercarriage checked.

my Gen 1 only has a minor squeak on the center console and its already annoying me, those sounds on yours would drive me crazy!

My gen1 never had issues at all. I even sell it with factory brake pads after 5 years of use and 30 trips to different states!!!!! sell it with 70,000 km, about 35k miles

The suspension noise sounds like a rubber bushing is failing on one of the strut/springs/sway bar. Not normal, and should be fixed under warranty. Putting the car up on a drive-on lift, and bouncing it should identify the noise easily.

Those brakes are noisy! Do you ever brake hard, from a high speed? Periodic high speed brakes can heat up the brakes, and knock off any corrosion/dirt. Find a safe place...

I don't drive fast. from time to time I test the turbo, but just regular acceleration. I'm pretty good with brakes, my 1st generation cx9 never required brake pad changes....

Yeah, have you been to the dealer? My '18 is so quiet I sometimes wonder if it's running.

congrats on your new ride! wow, cx9 2018 signature, pretty nice!.

Mine sounds like a 20 year cheap old car from a person who live near the b**** and have corrosion/dirt everywhere. . I will check at the dealer.

yes its just a spray and yes there is a lot of them on amazon.. I would buy the 3M one.

Thanks. I purchased 2 x 3M sprays. I read the instructions and looks promising. Before apply the spray, I would like to visit the dealer, I would like to hear what they say about this noises.

Did you get the TSB checked? Sounds like that's your suspension issue.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...ise-at-low-speed-and-over-any-bumps-2016-CX-9

The brake noise just sounds like regular squealing pads. Have you checked them? If there's still lots of pad left, pull them and put brake grease on the back side (where the caliper pushes on the metal), that should help the squeal.

..and yeah, those aren't "normal" new car sounds. Mine is as quiet as a church mouse over bumps. Not even a rattle.

Last edited:
yes its just a spray and yes there is a lot of them on amazon.. I would buy the 3M one.

I received the 3M, sprayed the brakes and works great for 2 hours. Seems like if the issue was fixed, but the sound returned next day... less... but is back.

Back