Known PROBLEMS with CX5s?

So, according to fruitman, Honda's are perfect.
Here's a few posts on just how perfect those CVT's are:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/cvt-failures.10337/

https://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-recalling-143000-civic-and-fit-models-for-cvt-trouble/

And, if you want to go back in time and pretend that Honda's are bullet proof: http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/transmission-failure/

The Earlier Honda CVTs were so bad they even had their own name.

Out here, the Honda Fit is called the Jazz.

Hence we had the infamous Jazz Judder..... wifes car had the transmission pulled out and a major component (secondary clutch I think it was ) replaced. Twice...

Frootloop has probably been out un the sun too long and his brain fermented.

Lmao. Are you serious? Yea, that's not how statistics work.

You're supposed to know how statistics work? Aren't you the one who said the current CX-9 is having the best year ever? Let me post the chart again in case you forgot(lol2)

US Sales
Year
Mazda
CX-9
2017 *YTD20,053

So, according to fruitman, Honda's are perfect.
Here's a few posts on just how perfect those CVT's are:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/cvt-failures.10337/

https://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-recalling-143000-civic-and-fit-models-for-cvt-trouble/

And, if you want to go back in time and pretend that Honda's are bullet proof: http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/transmission-failure/

What does Honda have to do with this thread? And BTW did you even read the thread? It's basically a bunch of talk regarding the CVT. There isn't a single member in that thread that has had their transmission replaced. Secondly regarding the CarandDriver article, sure there were problems but did you miss the part where Honda issued a recall? It was a known issue, and Honda took responsibility for it and corrected the problems at no charge to the customer(which BTW only involved updating the transmission software, not replacing it), while Mazda says 'your s*** out of luck, that'll be 5k please'.(lol2)

And posting a link discussing faulty Honda transmissions from almost 20 years ago, yeah dude cause that's really relevant in 2017...

To sum it up OP, the CX-5 is a decent SUV, just stay away from the 2016 models they seem to be ticking time bombs...

Last edited:
What does Honda have to do with this thread?

You have got to be kidding me, right?
You are such a joker fruitman.
379 posts on a Mazda forum from an avowed Honda fan boy, and you have the balls to ask me what Honda has to do with this thread?
Wow, just wow.
How many times do you have to be told to F off before you get the hint?

You have got to be kidding me, right?
You are such a joker fruitman.
379 posts on a Mazda forum from an avowed Honda fan boy, and you have the balls to ask me what Honda has to do with this thread?
Wow, just wow.
How many times do you have to be told to F off before you get the hint?

best to ignore him. he'll never answer your questions.

trolls are simply a part of life now-a-days.

(notcool)

You're supposed to know how statistics work? Aren't you the one who said the current CX-9 is having the best year ever? Let me post the chart again in case you forgot(lol2)

That's your rebuttal?
That's a far cry from just making stuff up.

1. I am 6"1 and it is fine. Lots of room.

2. For storage or 2nd row? Storage is plenty and more than enough room for 2nd row people.

3. I have a silver car and have not had issues.

4. Don't know. Touring with package is the sweet spot but the GT loaded is hard to beat.

5. Supply and demand. IF the dealer is moving them without having to deal, they won't deal. See Honda. If they are not, they will deal.

I agree with the above. Also, I'm 6'5" and fit just fine. No paint issues, no rattles, no problems at all in 37,000 miles.

For the OP if he is still around, what you have listed are not problems or issues but personal preferences. Each car you shop will have its pros and cons. That’s why you shop around and sit in them and eventually test drive the finalists. Pick the car that’s best for you, not what a magazine or internet source tells you to buy.

Take the moral high ground fellas. Keep it civil, cars are not worth falling out about.

I agree. Far more important things are currently afoot.

Like, for example, watching the current Ashes Test Match at Adelaide.

Where England are currently 7/199 chasing Australias 354 lead in their second innings, and heading for a big loss!! (rofl)(rofl)

Wooohooo!

Last edited:
I agree. Far more important things are currently afoot.

Like, for example, watching the current Ashes Test Match at Adelaide.

Where England are currently 7/199 chasing Australia’s 354 lead in their second innings, and heading for a big loss!! (rofl)(rofl)

Wooohooo!

Oops, its all over, England all out. That didnt take long!! The new ball ...... Stark finishes with another five-for!

What to do with the rest of the afternoon and evening??

Day/night test matches are here to stay. Biggest crowds since the bodyline series in the 1930’s!

Oops, its all over, England all out. That didnt take long!! The new ball ...... Stark finishes with another five-for!

What to do with the rest of the afternoon and evening??

Day/night test matches are here to stay. Biggest crowds since the bodyline series in the 1930’s!

I don’t do sport of any kind. The most athletic thing I do is get my backside out of bed in a morning and if you saw that polava you’d realise what I’m talking about. I know that the cricket is a big thing as it seems to dominate the news and if the ozzies have arseholed us then it’s one less day I have to listen to it ;-).

Going back to the OP, he set off on a sticky wicket (see what I did there) by listing his “faults” and referring to the car as a “thing”. It’s as if he’s behind made to buy it at gunpoint when in fact his negative slant just makes me think he should keep walking to another dealer. That way we won’t have to put up with him whining about everything that’s wrong with it.

I'm still on my stock windshield without even a single rock chip repair.

My screen copped a really decent hit with a rock last week, I was sure there would at least be a chip and wouldnt have been surprised to find a star crack, but have searched it all over and I cant find anything.

Have been considering buying one but heard they have a lot of issues

1. Not good for 6 foot plus drives My dad is 6'2", he had no complaints driving mine, nor did I find the seat adjusted to its limits.
2. No space in the back Well look and see. It's a Cuv. Not an Suv. Buy the right vehicle for your needs.
3. Paint chips easily This is Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, basically most Japanese cars.
4. They don't give you enough for your money without going up to higher packages ( when you can get nearly all of their higher package features in a hyunida santa fe, tucson or ford escape for less ) I agree. The Touring model I bought, I t hought had NAV. Nope. Not even XM. mazda missed the boat BIG TIME.
5. They don't give money off incentives like every other dealer does Agreed. They don't offer much at all.

So what other issues has this thing got?

-Windshield is predisposed to crack easily.
-Brakes wear out fast.
-Residual value falls like an absolute ROCK.

otherwise, it's a pretty good little car for what it is.

Back