Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Known PROBLEMS with CX5s?

Registered Member

Now the fanboy notation appears. This is my first Mazda so hardly a fanatic. The thin paint thing has been going on for years. Automakers using cheaper paints and methods. The Chrysler’s of the 90’s that shed paint doesn’t come to mind? GovMo has their problems as well. The naysayers will continue on with their diatribe though.

I like the Sonic Silver though as someone mentioned earlier, it would look much nicer if it was lighter and more towards actual silver. Here the German brands get it it right. Audi comes to mind.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    Now the fanboy notation appears. This is my first Mazda so hardly a fanatic. The thin paint thing has been going on for years. Automakers using cheaper paints and methods. The Chrysler’s of the 90’s that shed paint doesn’t come to mind? GovMo has their problems as well. The naysayers will continue on with their diatribe though.

I like the Sonic Silver though as someone mentioned earlier, it would look much nicer if it was lighter and more towards actual silver. Here the German brands get it it right. Audi comes to mind.
    The issues with GM and Chrysler were due to new water based formulas being shitty, not paint thickness. Technology has by and large fixed poor formulation and the peeling and flaking you bring up. Paint thickness on Asian vehicles is another matter entirely.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678