Weird sound, need help for ideas

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I have got this sound, coming from the driver side engine compartment, at least that is what I hear.
It started a couple of weeks ago and it is getting worse.
I can't figure out, what should I look at.
I had a small fender bender, like a year ago. The bodyshop, replaced the bumper, driver's side headlamp and the trim around the wheel arch.
Recently, I have found two loose screws, one holding the headlamp next to the fender, and the other at the black metal crossmember, that reaches from one headlamp, to the other.
I'm also lowered on CS springs, and I did the work. No issues for quite a long time, with the whole setup. On my previous VW Rabbit, I did the same job and I did not have issues with it either.
Here is the link to the video:
[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/jswrj5bijsh5yh1/20171130_063259.mp4?dl=0[/video]
Any input, would be greatly appreciated.

Loose upper shock mount? My guess is it's suspension related with those ultra-short/stiff CS coils.

FOUND IT!!!
It was a lose bolt, at the end of the factory tower brace.
Here is a picture, that I have edited from the web.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mazda-CX-5-2-0-ACTIVE_8.jpg
    Mazda-CX-5-2-0-ACTIVE_8.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Now, I have to go back again, at those spoiler "winglets". They are noisy again. I'm thinking about wrapping those balls, with some teflon tape. Or, heating up and bending a bit those clips.

FOUND IT!!!
It was a lose bolt, at the end of the factory tower brace.
Here is a picture, that I have edited from the web.
This
PHP:
seems to be a common problem and theres a TSB for this if I remember it correctly.

Now, I have to go back again, at those spoiler "winglets". They are noisy again. I'm thinking about wrapping those balls, with some teflon tape. Or, heating up and bending a bit those clips.
Thiss also a common problem for CX-5 with a TSB.

I'm out of (basic)warranty, but I still have powertrain I don't think that they would fix it for free, right?

I'm out of (basic)warranty, but I still have powertrain I don't think that they would fix it for free, right?
TSB is not a recall. So no, Mazda wont fix your problems for free! :(

Back