Mazda6 Signature

I finally got to climb around, and drive a 2018 6 GT. All of the changes seem to be for the better. The one thing that I can't understand is that they removed fog lights completely. They are not even available as a dealer added accessory

I finally got to climb around, and drive a 2018 6 GT. All of the changes seem to be for the better. The one thing that I can't understand is that they removed fog lights completely. They are not even available as a dealer added accessory

Fog lights haven't been removed. There are now integrated into the headlight assembly.

Fog lights haven't been removed. There are now integrated into the headlight assembly.

I've gone over the headlights and the owner's manual and see nothing indicating that there are integrated fog lights. We only have a Touring and a Grand Touring so far. Maybe it will be different on the Reserve or Signature?

I've gone over the headlights and the owner's manual and see nothing indicating that there are integrated fog lights. We only have a Touring and a Grand Touring so far. Maybe it will be different on the Reserve or Signature?

Apparently there is no longer a separate control for fog lamps. It's integrated into the led headlight.

I've checked the manual and brochure too for USA and brochure for Canada. No mention.

But I have checked a dealers website (Royal Moore Mazda) and their specs for a Grand Touring Reserve lists front fog lights.

Fog lights are integrated into the main headlight assembly as already stated by X.

So have more people been able to test drive one? How big is the difference with the turbo, versus the standard 2.5 engine?

Attempted today but none available where I was, planning to next week where I'm taking in for service- they're showing 1 'base' GT on the ground as of now..
Overheard dealer saying that AWD is coming to the 3 and 6 with their forthcoming redesigns for those who care..6 (at least higher 2.5T trims)should already have imo but 3 would be pretty surprising.

Fog lights are integrated into the main headlight assembly as already stated by X.

So have more people been able to test drive one? How big is the difference with the turbo, versus the standard 2.5 engine?

Here's a POV of one being driven

Last edited:
Attempted today but none available where I was, planning to next week where I'm taking in for service- they're showing 1 'base' GT on the ground as of now..
Overheard dealer saying that AWD is coming to the 3 and 6 with their forthcoming redesigns for those who care..6 (at least higher 2.5T trims)should already have imo but 3 would be pretty surprising.

A 5 door Mazda 3 with AWD would make the CX-3 pretty obsolete, no?

Our dealer also received a white GT with black leather. I wonder if anybody has a signature model on the east coast?

Apparently there is no longer a separate control for fog lamps. It's integrated into the led headlight.

I've checked the manual and brochure too for USA and brochure for Canada. No mention.

But I have checked a dealers website (Royal Moore Mazda) and their specs for a Grand Touring Reserve lists front fog lights.

I confirmed this week that the integrated fog lights are only on the Reserve and Signature trims

Wow, it's been a long time since I joined on here.
I originally joined sometime around when this generation of 6 came out. Was pretty set on a 6MT Touring at the time, but then my wife needed more room than her Civic offered, so we dropped my TL & she got a new car.

I stopped in a local dealer & took a short drive of a GT. Looking to replace my F150 this month or next, inventory depending.

Drove a MGM/Black GT, as no Houston area dealers have GT Rs or Signatures yet.

The car only had an indicated range of 9 miles, so we took a rather short highway frontage road lap. Coming from an F150, the steering is quite nimble, and markedly better (IMO) than the Accord Touring (currently my #2 choice). I've read some complaints about the seats having less bolstering than the 2017.5, but they're much sportier than the F150. Because of the lack of fuel, I didn't get a good chance to get a feel for the power. It did give me a pretty positive impression though.

I love the interior layout, it fits really well, though the rear view mirror did seem a little close, but not near as bad as the W205 C-Class that I looked at earlier this year.

No comment on the infotainment, as the screen appeared to be turned off, until we went under an overpass & the headlights came on. I'm guessing it was just set to it's dimmest.

My currently plan is to wait on a MGM Signature, and decide if I like the Chestnut interior, otherwise it'll be a Reserve for me.

Infotainment screen should be exactly the same in terms of layout and functionality until AA/ACP arrives

Just saw that a local dealer has 2 GT Rs in stock (DCB & SWP), may try to swing over for a look this weekend. Both are parchment interior, so they're a no go for me. But will be good to see so I'll have a solid decision as soon as a Signature rolls in.

Here's a POV of one being driven

Can't view the video or even the preview because it is blocked at work. Is this the one by Forrest Auto Reviews? If so, I've already seen it and it is a pretty good review, though it is hard to see how fast it is from the POV. That review was actually done at the dealership where I buy and service my Mazdas.

Can't view the video or even the preview because it is blocked at work. Is this the one by Forrest Auto Reviews? If so, I've already seen it and it is a pretty good review, though it is hard to see how fast it is from the POV. That review was actually done at the dealership where I buy and service my Mazdas.
Yes it's Forrest

Yes it's Forrest
Oh okay, thanks for sharing though.

There is a guy on the Mazda 3 forum that gives a nice ride report for the new Mazda 6. Basically, it is a great car but no Mazdaspeed. Very controlled feeling with no huge feeling of speed.

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...n/224866-2018-mazda6-signature-delivered.html
Thanks for the link. That was a good first impression/review. It does mirror what was said in the Forrest Auto Review of the turbo Mazda6 with regards to power delivery. It looks like Mazda made sure to get ahead of torque steer on this one. (They tried that with the gen2 MS3 but didn't do enough haha) It fits the image of a refined Mazda6. It would be unacceptable for it to have torque steer.

I'm dropping my MS3 tomorrow at the dealership for some much needed maintenance (it's already at 80K miles). I'm debating whether I should test drive the turbo 6 or not. Part of me wants to try it out. The other part, well I don't want to like it and make me want to trade in my MS3. I'm not ready to trade in just yet.

Back