Mazda6 Signature

Here is 2018 interior in white:

2018-Mazda6-interior-light-color.jpg

The white looks much better. The brown makes everything look very dark.

It is amazing to think the black/brown currently used seems brighter than this. I am assuming it looks better in person.
Could be. Maybe when someone posts a video of it outside we can see it's true colour

AWD is just going to add unnecessary weight. What this car really needs is a LSD for the 2.5T option so it can put down power properly.

Yes AWD please! (bow)

I do not think that a LSD is needed, just a waste of money and weight. To date, after many posts, I have not heard any complaints on the CX-9 about torquesteer or about it needing a LSD with the 2.5 Turbosky.

Yes AWD please! (bow)

I do not think that a LSD is needed, just a waste of money and weight. To date, after many posts, I have not heard any complaints on the CX-9 about torquesteer or about it needing a LSD with the 2.5 Turbosky.

The stock open differential on these cars is garbage,not designed for hard cornering at all... a helical limited slip allows each tire to move seperately... the front axle rotates brilliantly, puts down power far better - I just bought a 1995 Nissan Maxima and the Canadian models came equipped with a LSD if you opted for a manual transmission. Its got a 3L V6 with 205ft/lb of torque at 4000RPM, the tires are fairly worn and bad, but they wont spin or even make so much as a chirp while cornering or doing WOT first gear pulls in the rain for whatever reason. Ive tried and the tires barely even chirped... it puts down power excellent - you can actually apply some real throttle through a corner and the front axle rotates beautifully. You clearly havent pushed the limits of your 50 mazdas, or driven any vehicle equipped with an LSD for you to make such a ridiculous statement like that. You even then go on to mention that AWD is needed, but complaining about the extra weight of an LSD. Are you serious? AWD would be fine yes, but its too much added weight and the traction only comes in handy when youre driving like a dumbass through rain or snow, thats about it. An LSD with some good tires is an overall far better choice for any driver and I can say that confidently having sampled many different open differentials and then getting the opportunity to compare it to a proper LSD, which is a far better design.

An LSD will help torque steer, but it has many, many other benefits particularly starting from a stop in the rain and cornering.

I know AWD is currently available for the wagon in certain markets but unsure if its on the sedan (uhm)

The stock open differential on these cars is garbage,not designed for hard cornering at all... a helical limited slip allows each tire to move seperately... the front axle rotates brilliantly, puts down power far better - I just bought a 1995 Nissan Maxima and the Canadian models came equipped with a LSD if you opted for a manual transmission. Its got a 3L V6 with 205ft/lb of torque at 4000RPM, the tires are fairly worn and bad, but they wont spin or even make so much as a chirp while cornering or doing WOT first gear pulls in the rain for whatever reason. Ive tried and the tires barely even chirped... it puts down power excellent - you can actually apply some real throttle through a corner and the front axle rotates beautifully. You clearly havent pushed the limits of your 50 mazdas, or driven any vehicle equipped with an LSD for you to make such a ridiculous statement like that. You even then go on to mention that AWD is needed, but complaining about the extra weight of an LSD. Are you serious? AWD would be fine yes, but its too much added weight and the traction only comes in handy when youre driving like a dumbass through rain or snow, thats about it. An LSD with some good tires is an overall far better choice for any driver and I can say that confidently having sampled many different open differentials and then getting the opportunity to compare it to a proper LSD, which is a far better design.

An LSD will help torque steer, but it has many, many other benefits particularly starting from a stop in the rain and cornering.

There you go again. You've only been back what, one or two days since you most recent banishment (how many times is that now?!?!), and you're already slinging mud again. You're gonna be permanently locked out in no time if you don't learn how to act decently on an internet forum.

I noticed the wheelbase length is different between the 6 sedan and 6 wagon. So there are definitely different pieces under the skin.

Sedan wheelbase - 2830mm (111.417 inches)
Wagon wheelbase - 2750mm (108.268 inches)

Sorry, that is not correct, as you can clearly see in my list of (NOT) 50 Mazdas, I have had a few Miatas, a few RX-7's, and even a Mazdaspeed3, all of which had LSD's from the factory. Even after having owned and serviced LSD's, I would still much rather have Mazda's i-Activ AWD driving all 4 corners of the vehicle, instead of only a front diff putting power to just 1-2 tires.

Regarding CX-9 and torque steer, I suspect most of the CX-9 buyers who know what torque steer feels like opted for AWD. It's also a heavy car.

My ideal car is the 6 wagon with 2.2D and AWD. I prefer the look of the wagon over the CX-5 and CX-9, and I prefer the lower position and lower CG. And I prefer the liftgate and cargo area versatility of a wagon over the trunk and small pass-through of a sedan. Unfortunately, Mazda makes my ideal car but won't sell it here.

I've been waiting for the CX-5 with 2.2D to get here. But I would be happy to buy a 6 sedan with the 2.5T if only it had AWD. Torque steer is not my biggest concern since I'm very used to that. My bigger concern is going up hills in the snow. I live half-way up a hill and I've had trouble getting up it in FWD cars, even with winter tires.

My wife and I would really like to have an AWD vehicle in the stable, but earlier this year we got a FWD van for her, so the burden now falls on me. I really want that 2.5T though. I loved the torque from my CX-9 test drives. So maybe there's some way I can talk myself into the 6.

Regarding CX-9 and torque steer, I suspect most of the CX-9 buyers who know what torque steer feels like opted for AWD. It's also a heavy car.

If memory serves, torque steer is also still a bit evident even on AWD CX-9

My ideal car is the 6 wagon with 2.2D and AWD. I prefer the look of the wagon over the CX-5 and CX-9, and I prefer the lower position and lower CG. And I prefer the liftgate and cargo area versatility of a wagon over the trunk and small pass-through of a sedan. Unfortunately, Mazda makes my ideal car but won't sell it here.

I've been waiting for the CX-5 with 2.2D to get here. But I would be happy to buy a 6 sedan with the 2.5T if only it had AWD. Torque steer is not my biggest concern since I'm very used to that. My bigger concern is going up hills in the snow. I live half-way up a hill and I've had trouble getting up it in FWD cars, even with winter tires.

My wife and I would really like to have an AWD vehicle in the stable, but earlier this year we got a FWD van for her, so the burden now falls on me. I really want that 2.5T though. I loved the torque from my CX-9 test drives. So maybe there's some way I can talk myself into the 6.

Go for it! :D

I just saw a quoted official HP number of 265hp for the 2.5 T-sky on AUTOBLOG>> If that is true that is indeed 15HP more than the CX-9. Also in the article they talk about TORQUE-STEER, and reason there is no MAN TRANS on the turbo.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/30/2018-mazda6-new-engine-torque-steer-nvh-manual-transmission/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015

Last edited:
I just saw a quoted official HP number of 265hp for the 2.5 T-sky on AUTOBLOG>> If that is true that is indeed 15HP more than the CX-9. Also in the article they talk about TORQUE-STEER, and reason there is no MAN TRANS on the turbo.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/30/2018-mazda6-new-engine-torque-steer-nvh-manual-transmission/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000015

I think they have mucked it up. 227 on regular, 250 on premium

2018 Mazda6 Gets 250 HP Turbo Treatment, New Interior For LA Debut

"Yes, the Mazda6 is finally gaining some much needed oomph in the form of the company’s boosted 2.5-liter four-cylinder. In the 6, the engine makes 250 horsepower (186 kW) and a full 310 lb-ft. (420 Nm) of torque. It runs what the automaker calls a Dynamic Pressure Turbo, using a small inlet to spool the turbine quicker at low engine RPM with a larger passage opening at higher speeds. The result, Mazda says, is nearly instantaneous boost, and as long as you run 93 octane fuel, you’ll get the full monte. Lower octane gas doesn’t hurt the car, but it does drop the power to 227"

Back