Mazda6 Signature

I've driven wagons that are over 5 metres long. The 6 size wise is fine compared to them.

If you go on other specific Mazda 6 boards, there are a number of people who have bought the car. A couple of things about the Jalponik review that is odd is the 1) comment about the light doors and the lack of a solid feel and the complaints that they hood was too heavy. Those are odd comments to me. Also, peak HP comes at close to 5000 RPM with 93 octane - with constant torque from 1900 on. So the complaint about feeling slow after 1900 rpm seems like a stupid statement.

Not really. LS1 cars frm the 90's/2000's felt slow. Line up against one though (during the time-period)...

Also, are the 6's getting turbo, manual, and AWD?

Not really. LS1 cars frm the 90's/2000's felt slow. Line up against one though (during the time-period)...

Also, are the 6's getting turbo, manual, and AWD?

IIRC, Mazda (I think it was Coleman maybe?) noted that AWD and Turbo won't both fit in current gen 6's. They are apparently strongly looking at making sure it fits in the next gen (as well as possibly AWD available in the 3).

As for the manual... Maybe they make it available in later years as they did with the 3 (not initially available in the 2.5L GT IIRC). Hard to say though...not enough @#$%'ing people actually buying them (hand) (My wife and I are doing our part damn it!)

I sat in a '18 Mazda6 on show floor. Compared to my '16 GT, the new one is quieter, and the door closing is definitely less flimzy (closer to '17 CX5).
Early Mazda6s are noisy. They did improvement on the '16. Now, even more on the '18 + the turbo.
Is it just as quiet as CX5? looking for a quiet AWD car in the non-luxury brands... CX5 seems to be the only choice that rival Lexus NX and RX quietness and comfort.

Why no turbo on CX5?
My opinion is that, Mazda might be afraid of impacting sales of CX9.
that's exactly what a Mazda sales told me. "put turbo in CX5 and we won't be able to sell any CX9" LOL

Is it just as quiet as CX5? looking for a quiet AWD car in the non-luxury brands... CX5 seems to be the only choice that rival Lexus NX and RX quietness and comfort.

Jury is still out on the 6 being as quiet as the CX-5 as no official testing results have been released

Last edited:

that's exactly what a Mazda sales told me. "put turbo in CX5 and we won't be able to sell any CX9" LOL

the cx5 awd with a signature trim + turbo would be a killer in its segment.

the cx5 awd with a signature trim + turbo would be a killer in its segment.

I doubt you'll see that anytime soon.
There are lots of comments about stuffing the turbo into the CX-5 and how you'd all line up for one. Great.

A turbo in the 6 is a smart move, as it won't steal any sales from other Mazda products.
Hopefully it will steal a few sales from Toyota and Honda instead, which is the desired result, I would think.

However, my marketing brain tells me that Mazda won't do a turbo CX-5 because it will suck the life out of the CX-9.
Same drive train as the 9, in a lighter smaller package? Why buy the 9?
I don't buy the argument that they can't put the 2.5T engine in the CX-5. It wouldn't be hard.
Mazda might be able to scavenge a few sales from potential CR-V or Rav-4 buyers, but a turbo CX-5 would decimate CX-9 sales.
Mazda is not going to torpedo the CX-9 by offering a 2.5T CX-5.

However, my marketing brain tells me that Mazda won't do a turbo CX-5 because it will suck the life out of the CX-9.
Same drive train as the 9, in a lighter smaller package? Why buy the 9?

I could not agree. People buy the CX 9 because they need the capacity or simply prefer a larger vehicle, not give what your customers want and force them buy something they were not looking for? Good luck with that, they will just go to the competitors. Not mentioning that a turbo CX 5 would potentially steal buyers from crv, escape which are faster.

Official Australian fuel consumption figures for 2.5T (GT [2nd highest grade] & Atenza [highest grade]):

2ikp34x.jpg

Conversion to US MPG:

Urban: 23.29
Extra Urban: 37.94
Combined: 30.95

Last edited:
6.4 seconds is not bad as I thought it would be. It will lose to the Accord 2.0T and Camry V6 on a drag race, but if the ride comfort and driving experience is that much better, most people won't care.

Who care if it loses to Accord's and Camry's (wink)

Who care if it loses to Accord's and Camry's (wink)

I don't know, potential buyers who refer to performance test results? Might not be the case anywhere else, but in America, there are still a lot of people who still check the 0-60 times, regardless if it is a good metric or not. This is why the GT 86 and BRZ twins get so much flak here, because they can't even beat a Camry on a stop light drag race. I honestly don't care that much about 0-60, but a lot of people here still do. And if Mazda really wants to grab more customers and force them out of the luxury sport sedans, they need to keep up with the competition.

I don't know, potential buyers who refer to performance test results? Might not be the case anywhere else, but in America, there are still a lot of people who still check the 0-60 times, regardless if it is a good metric or not. This is why the GT 86 and BRZ twins get so much flak here, because they can't even beat a Camry on a stop light drag race. I honestly don't care that much about 0-60, but a lot of people here still do. And if Mazda really wants to grab more customers and force them out of the luxury sport sedans, they need to keep up with the competition.

They do look at those times here but Accords & Camry's are considered dull vehicles here.

Back