Mazda6 Signature

There is this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lintt4sv0YA

He is getting 0-60 times of ~6.7 seconds. I am betting car and driver gets around the same - maybe closer to 6.5.

Just watched this again and noticed that there is a delay (regardless of being in auto or manual mode) just after it shifts from 1st to 2nd. See time spots 0:40-0:41, 0:52-0:53 & 1:00:30 to 1:01.

The revs drop to just below 3500rpm (runs 1 & 2, run 3 sits just above 3500rpm) and then struggles for a brief instance to pick up the revs quickly.

Much more crisp from 2nd to 3rd as revs are only drop to around 4000rpm and with no hesitation picks up revs quickly.

2 stage pedal? Just got a 18 non turbo with cyl deactivation and havent heard of this?
There is a switch that you can activate by fully stepping on the gas pedal. Doing so will cause the transmission to downshift one more time if it possible to do so.

I'm sure that delay can be tuned out if any of the tuners ever jump on the Mazda 6 bandwagon. I am also waiting on reviews with times on this 6. If there was wagon I wouldnt wait honestly.

I'm sure that delay can be tuned out if any of the tuners ever jump on the Mazda 6 bandwagon. I am also waiting on reviews with times on this 6. If there was wagon I wouldnt wait honestly.
Shouldn't need to wait for tuners to do this. Should be right straight out of the factory

I don't know if someone already shared this, but looks like Motor Trend did a first drive of it and they seem to have liked it. They didn't seem to be disappointed with the power of the car, other than a minor comment on the engine being flat from 3k - 4k RPM. Their notes on suspension is very interesting. Seems like this new Mazda is very nice/comfy car. Even more so than the previous gen. Didn't see any mention of the ride being firm or choppy, which used to be a common comment on reviews for the older Mazda6 models.

The latest CX5 underwent the same ride/quietness enhancements. These were common criticisms of Mazdas in general, so Mazda brought at least some of their models more in-line with the competition.

I don't know if someone already shared this, but looks like Motor Trend did a first drive of it and they seem to have liked it. They didn't seem to be disappointed with the power of the car, other than a minor comment on the engine being flat from 3k - 4k RPM. Their notes on suspension is very interesting. Seems like this new Mazda is very nice/comfy car. Even more so than the previous gen. Didn't see any mention of the ride being firm or choppy, which used to be a common comment on reviews for the older Mazda6 models.

Which is what I mentioned above from the clip :)

They've tweaked the suspension and steering for this update from memory

The latest CX5 underwent the same ride/quietness enhancements. These were common criticisms of Mazdas in general, so Mazda brought at least some of their models more in-line with the competition.

I have three Mazdas at the moment.
'14 Mazda3, '16 Mazda6 and '17 CX5.
At the same cruising speed, in order to hear music (same) properly...
I need to set the volume at 25 for Mazda3, 20 for Mazda6, and 15 for CX5.
That is one informal test for quietness of new Mazdas.

I imagine that new '18 Mazda6 should be as quiet as the '17 CX5 if not quieter.

I have three Mazdas at the moment.
'14 Mazda3, '16 Mazda6 and '17 CX5.
At the same cruising speed, in order to hear music (same) properly...
I need to set the volume at 25 for Mazda3, 20 for Mazda6, and 15 for CX5.
That is one informal test for quietness of new Mazdas.

I imagine that new '18 Mazda6 should be as quiet as the '17 CX5 if not quieter.

Don't think it will more quieter than the CX-5 as they added a whole lot of sound proofing to it where as for the 6, it's only some.

Don't think it will more quieter than the CX-5 as they added a whole lot of sound proofing to it where as for the 6, it's only some.

No for the 6, thanks to the 2.5T, they added more steel to the wheel wells and other areas. It might be even quieter.

No for the 6, thanks to the 2.5T, they added more steel to the wheel wells and other areas. It might be even quieter.

(hmm)... Mazda aren't promoting this as much as they did for the CX-5. Remember that noise graph they did (uhm)

Last edited:
(hmm)... Mazda aren't promoting this as much as they did for the CX-5. Remember that noise graph they did (uhm)

Yeah, and I think the amount of publication and press that went into the CX-5 paid off. The sales are off the charts. I have seen very little press on the Mazda 6. It almost makes me wonder if there is a shortage of 2.5T cars and they don't want too much demand - as they could not meet them.

Back