VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Mazda6 Signature

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT-P AWD

FWIW Car and Driver had the 6 outperforming the Accord 2.0T and Camry V6 in the 30-50mph and 50-70mph metrics, and on regular fuel to boot.

I just don't see how the target buyer could drive all three and find the acceleration of the 6 to be deficient. I can more easily see how the buyer would find the Camry's interior deficient compared to the 6.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda_TX View Post
    FWIW Car and Driver had the 6 outperforming the Accord 2.0T and Camry V6 in the 30-50mph and 50-70mph metrics, and on regular fuel to boot.

I just don't see how the target buyer could drive all three and find the acceleration of the 6 to be deficient. I can more easily see how the buyer would find the Camry's interior deficient compared to the 6.
    Does the Accord & Camry provide push back into the seat acceleration

If they do then basically it's that feeling that the target buyer apparently missed out in the 6 because it provides a relentless surge acceleration instead of push back into the seat acceleration
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

2013 VRM Mazdaspeed3, 2016 Soul Red CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Honestly, the Accord 2.0T is a beast. Not as pretty as the Mazda 6 but still, an absolute fantastic car. I personally am a big fan of how the Honda 1.5T and 2.0T drive. I know there are some questions about the reliability but from a performance standpoint, they are very good.

Mazda went after a very specific audience with the Mazda 6. Honestly, I think they nailed it.
    The Accord 2.0T straight line numbers from Car and Driver are super impressive, the Mazda6 2.5T and Camry V6 aren't even close. I find it confusing though that Car and Driver has the Mazda6 faster in 30-50 mph and 50-70 mph metrics than the Accord/Camry, which goes against the data from Motor Trend. They must be testing them differently.

You're right, looks like Mazda was really targeting a specific audience with the new 6. They are willing to trade outright performance for a very pleasant ride. They are really taking this move to "premium/upmarket" thing very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Does the Accord & Camry provide push back into the seat acceleration

If they do then basically it's that feeling that the target buyer apparently missed out in the 6 because it provides a relentless surge acceleration instead of push back into the seat acceleration
    The somewhat flat 3k-4k range in the powerband might be to blame for that. I believe Motor Trend in their First Drive review mentioned it. It like surges at 2k RPM, then sort of stagnates at 3k-4k RPM then surges again at high RPM. Kinda like the complaint people have with the torque dip of the FRS/BRZ, but it is obviously not as bad as that.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    The somewhat flat 3k-4k range in the powerband might be to blame for that. I believe Motor Trend in their First Drive review mentioned it. It like surges at 2k RPM, then sort of stagnates at 3k-4k RPM then surges again at high RPM. Kinda like the complaint people have with the torque dip of the FRS/BRZ, but it is obviously not as bad as that.
    I think I beat them to it in noticing this!

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    I think I beat them to it in noticing this!

My guess is, Mazda did this for fuel efficiency. Their data most likely suggest, like their data for the CX-9 demographic, that people will get on the throttle for a bit to pass, then will stop needing the extra power soon enough, probably at the 3k-4k RPM range. Basically, looks like this Mazda6 is very much developed to be a daily driver luxury cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by finch204 View Post
    My guess is, Mazda did this for fuel efficiency. Their data most likely suggest, like their data for the CX-9 demographic, that people will get on the throttle for a bit to pass, then will stop needing the extra power soon enough, probably at the 3k-4k RPM range. Basically, looks like this Mazda6 is very much developed to be a daily driver luxury cruiser.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819