Mazda6 Signature

Yeah, and I think the amount of publication and press that went into the CX-5 paid off. The sales are off the charts. I have seen very little press on the Mazda 6. It almost makes me wonder if there is a shortage of 2.5T cars and they don't want too much demand - as they could not meet them.
Probably because they know they won't sell much so are redirecting funds elsewhere

Again Mazda is not aiming for sporty.

People complained the 6 didn't get the 2.5T. Mazda gives it the 2.5T and they now say it's not sporty enough.

Just can't satisfy people.

I would not say that. What they are saying is that the 2.5 is a lot sportier than the 2.5T. However, the Mazda 6 with the 2.5T will sell, because journalist like sporty, but the American public wants comfort.

I would not say that. What they are saying is that the 2.5 is a lot sportier than the 2.5T. However, the Mazda 6 with the 2.5T will sell, because journalist like sporty, but the American public wants comfort.

It's all relative I guess. Some will find the 2.5T sporty as well

I really didn't get why the writer for Jalop would expect the 6 to be a 4 door Miata, if that isn't comparing Apples to Oranges then I don't what is...the Miata is over 1000 pounds lighter and is RWD, and from what I could gather from his perspective on him recommending the base 6 with a manual was that he adheres to the old adage, " its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a faster car slow. " Of course manually wringing the gears out and staying in a higher rev range to go faster feels more fun than driving the same car with more HP which works less and thus feels more sedated taking the same roads at normal speeds.

Maybe they had preconceived expectations and it didn't pan out... (scratch)

The Jalopnik review, especially their notes on the sensation of speed, is at odds with the Motor Trend first drive/review. People will have to test drive it themselves to get their own opinion it seems. I honestly think that even if it is not as sporty as Jalopnik wanted it to be, it is going to be wonderful as a daily driver especially for those who commute a lot.

has anybody purchased/leased the 18' 6 yet? i feel like everyone was talking about it when it was first announced. now that is out, everyone just seemed to not care about it.

has anybody purchased/leased the 18' 6 yet? i feel like everyone was talking about it when it was first announced. now that is out, everyone just seemed to not care about it.

If you go on other specific Mazda 6 boards, there are a number of people who have bought the car. A couple of things about the Jalponik review that is odd is the 1) comment about the light doors and the lack of a solid feel and the complaints that they hood was too heavy. Those are odd comments to me. Also, peak HP comes at close to 5000 RPM with 93 octane - with constant torque from 1900 on. So the complaint about feeling slow after 1900 rpm seems like a stupid statement.

It's more of a surge of speed rather than push back into the seat speed

Those of you who already own a 6. Do you feel like it's too big to daily drive, I'm at a crossroads between a GTI and a 6. I want to come back home to Mazda and the Turbo 6 is the only car that interest me. The RF would be second, but too cramped to daily drive IMO.

Those of you who already own a 6. Do you feel like it's too big to daily drive, I'm at a crossroads between a GTI and a 6. I want to come back home to Mazda and the Turbo 6 is the only car that interest me. The RF would be second, but too cramped to daily drive IMO.

Didn't feel big to me even though it's 4.8 metres long.

The '6 is longer than a CX5.
I sat in a '18 Mazda6 on show floor. Compared to my '16 GT, the new one is quieter, and the door closing is definitely less flimzy (closer to '17 CX5).
Early Mazda6s are noisy. They did improvement on the '16. Now, even more on the '18 + the turbo.

Why no turbo on CX5?
My opinion is that, Mazda might be afraid of impacting sales of CX9.
Besides, I think the power is sufficient. We have a '17 CX5.

Why no turbo on CX5?
My opinion is that, Mazda might be afraid of impacting sales of CX9.
Besides, I think the power is sufficient. We have a '17 CX5.

Some people here have said it won't fit in AWD CX-5...

Those of you who already own a 6. Do you feel like it's too big to daily drive, I'm at a crossroads between a GTI and a 6. I want to come back home to Mazda and the Turbo 6 is the only car that interest me.

I went from a 2006 Altima to the 2017 6 GT, so I was used to the dimensions of a midsize sedan.
I also had a Sentra, and found it too small for my tastes.
I don't find the 6 too big at all, and my wife drives it around the neighbourhood all the time to do her errands.
I guess it comes down to what ever makes you comfortable and happy.

Back