iOS 11 --> infotainment oddities?

rhojos14

:
2017 CX-5
Upgraded my iPhone 6+ to iOS 11 back when it first came out and I've had a few weird things happen, haven't talked to the dealer yet but wondered if anyone else has had this happen...

- Sometimes when skipping to next song, it "pauses" but when I click play it resumes where the song should be. Ex: Skip to next song and it pauses, wait 30 sec then press play and it starts 30 sec into the song.
- When plugging my phone in sometimes I get "Authentication Failure" and it won't connect. Usually fixed by unplugging, opening the music app on my phone, reconnecting and trying again. Bit of an annoyance.
- After updating to iOS 11 Mazda Connect started showing contact pictures next to the contacts, but when I receive a call the picture is mega zoomed in and looks dumb.
- When talking on the phone, will receive another call but the pop up shows the person I'm currently talking to. Ex: Was talking to dad, popped up saying incoming call from dad but when I answered it was GF.
- Overall slowness, especially with music. But my phone has been painfully slow since I updated so I'm attributing most of it to that.

I'm on whatever the current patch is now, 11.1.2 or something like that but problems still persist. Didn't know if maybe an update to Mazda Connect was needed for better compatability or it's just iOS 11.

I too have a 6+ with my 2017 CX-5. I haven't experienced any of the problems you've mentioned. However, one problem I did have was that text messages received no longer displayed on the CX-5's infotainment screen. Turns out that the text message forwarding and the iCloud link to my phone number were both disabled on my phone after the upgrade to iOS 11.1. Overall, I'm disappointed with the overall slowness of the infotainment system, especially the slow boot time when I start the car. I wish the system would just sleep/hibernate when I shut off the car and then wake up within a few seconds of the car being started. Slow processor in the system? Lousy programming? No idea.

Dealer won't be able to help you. The firmware on the head unit hasn't changed - your phone's OS did. Apple is notorious for breaking things like this. I have also heard reports that recent versions of Spotify are having issues too - I've had shuffle problems for months with it. It's the buggiest app I have.

A few things you can try are:
- Delete bluetooth connections on both phone and head unit and re-pair
- Reset network settings on the phone
- Hard reboot the phone (hold power + home)

Back