Dead battery, alternator, starter?

:
2012 Mazda5 Touring
2012 mazda5
87 k miles

Battery died in March of 2016 and at that time replaced with new one

Last week I replaced all shocks, rear brakes, all shock mounts, and new tires, and new trans fluid

But last two days car takes too long to crank. I can hear the starter spin but it doesnt catch and start the car

Is it possible its the battery again?

Is it alternator ?

Is it starter?

I want to work on it before it leaves the wives stranded

Appreciate the help

"I want to work on it before it leaves the wives stranded "
Whoa, do they each get their own car at least? haha.

Sounds like a weak battery or bad ground wire. Bad starter wouldn't even crank, bad alternator would fail to charge and kill the car while driving. Does it eventually start just with a bit of struggle, and is the battery voltage good?

Sounds like a weak battery or bad ground wire. Bad starter wouldn't even crank, bad alternator would fail to charge and kill the car while driving. Does it eventually start just with a bit of struggle, and is the battery voltage good?

So it did it twice this week. Since then it hasn't done it at all.

Yes both the times it did it, the key had to be turned "few more seconds" then normal, and then it started right up.

I haven't checked the battery voltage yet.

Any other simultaneous symptoms that might point to the fuel filter or pump? Hesitation, etc?

No hesitation. Runs as good as when I bought it brand new off the dealer lot 6 years ago. Are fuel pump or fuel filter known issues with this model?

You can have the battery and alternator tested for free at autozone.
Give it ago. I had a new battery also a year and a bit ago, so far starts ok.

Thank you

I will take it to autozone then

You can have the battery and alternator tested for free at autozone.
Give it ago. I had a new battery also a year and a bit ago, so far starts ok.

Back