Honda motor into a MSP?

As some of you know I have a honda swap MSP. I put together a short vid explaining some of the details of how it was done.

https://youtu.be/n2Vr4VmkXtQ

the H22 head is good but the F23 motor is low-key a piece of s***. since you dont have an F23 head i'm sure your motor is good, but me and my friends have all owned 5 speed manual sixth gen accords in the past and they would all either smell like fuel, run like garbage, make no power until 5000RPM, get terrible fuel ecomomy... it would always run, just not that great lol..

anyways how is the honda motor in your Mazda? was it a difficult swap?

the H22 head is good but the F23 motor is low-key a piece of s***. since you dont have an F23 head i'm sure your motor is good, but me and my friends have all owned 5 speed manual sixth gen accords in the past and they would all either smell like fuel, run like garbage, make no power until 5000RPM, get terrible fuel ecomomy... it would always run, just not that great lol..

anyways how is the honda motor in your Mazda? was it a difficult swap?

Believe it or not the f23 motor is really not a bad motor but it does lack a bit. The good things are, they are 86mm bore so k20 pistons drop in, also has a 97mm stroke, close to a k24 99mm. The head are factory roller rocker, but the intake manifold is a restriction, how ever they now make an adaptor plate to run a k20 intake manifold. In factory form, with a turbo kit you can make a reliable 300hp without pushing it hard.

As far as the swap, a K series motor is the way to go, but I had most of the parts needed for the swap laying around. The main 2 pain points are the fab work needed, and the wiring. We were able to make everything work, but it was a learning curve for sure.

Back