Main Engine relay consuming battery when engine off.

gszutka

:
Mazda CX-5, 2014, ATX, 2,5l benzin
Hello, I checked much, but did not find any resolve.
I have got last week battery problem - 4V after two days off. CX-5 , 2014, 2,5ltr benzin, ATX. I measured current there. After power off - about 700mA, after several minutes - 10-15mA (pulsation). After several hours (not the same period each checking) Main Engine Relay turns on and there is 700mA - 1,5A consumed from battery, it stays until battery dead. Battery about 13V. Sometimes, right after power off engine, relays start to play (click, click, click in growing up freqency mode) under fuse cover - I do not know which of relays as afraid of electrical damage so disconnect battery asap.
I have checked module of P position testing due to https://mazda.oemdtc.com/665/igniti...hen-pressing-startstop-button-2013-2014-mazda. It is for sure right now.
Thanks for suggestion what can I check else.

Check the fuse box and the wiring harness coming from the driver door for corrosion. Mine had water getting into the wiring harness and corroded connectors and plugs behind the fuse box causing battery drain and triggering the security system, making the car inoperative. There was a TSB for this issue and a new harness and wiring boot was installed to correct the issue. It's more prominent in the cold as the wiring boot becomes less flexible and allows water in. Diagnosis for me was the issue as the dealer hadn't seen one quite like mine before and was checking for rodent damage for what seemed like hours. It's been a year since the fix and I've had no other issues. Not saying this is your problem, but it is something fairly easy to check. Good luck.

Hi, BIG THANX 2 U!
It was as you wrote :) I decided to wait several weeks to be sure, but now can say - it was it! Factory defect of japanese. During investigation I fixed as well second factory defect of module of switch unit of shift lever which can cause when pressing the START/STOP button, the ignition may not turn off (AT shifter). There was a TSB for this purpose as well.
Looking above - where is the legendary japanese quality? I am definitely confused and interested in what else waiting there for me :) Certainly my battery was deeply discharged (4V when I realized issue), and can see there will be problem to start engine under 0C, now is a little above 0C an I hear it starts with a while of hesitance. The worst thing is I'm going to the car and I'm not sure if it will start on not...
Anyway - thanx once more!

Back