Speaker size in CX-5 2017?

does anyone know the power output for the amp? How much power are the speakers getting? If I put aftermarket speakers on stock amp, how can I be sure they wont be very underpowered?

does anyone know the power output for the amp? How much power are the speakers getting? If I put aftermarket speakers on stock amp, how can I be sure they wont be very underpowered?

If your new speakers have the same impedance as the Bose, it shouldn't be a problem.

are front speakers 2 ohm or 4 ohm? what about the tweeters? Are front door panel and tweeters run on separate lines from the amp?
(2018gt bose)

Last edited:
If you chose a right size tweeter like the one pictured above in one of the posts, then you could clip it on but my tweeter being bigger I had to destroy the clipping bit and tape the new tweeter behind the original grill. If I had to do it again I would chose one of the smaller tweeter made by Hertz and it would fit just right I guess. Like this one.
www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-tweeters-dieci-dt24_3/

Last edited:
are front speakers 2 ohm or 4 ohm? what about the tweeters? Are front door panel and tweeters run on separate lines from the amp?
(2018gt bose)
Sorry
Can not comment on the Bose speakers. I have non Bose.

Last edited:
Appreciate your input but I'm well on my way.

OEM speaker in the door is a woofer, even if full range. It's just not a sub-woofer.

Agree that dropping in a coaxial and leaving the tweeter alone will be an easier mod, but dropping in a proper component set will no doubt sound better even on head unit power.

I've decided on my plan of attack:

Equipment:
- Polk DB6502 components in the front
- PAC AOEM-MAZ2 amp integration harness
- Kenwood KSC-SW11 under seat sub

Install:
- As long as the PAC works in the Gen2, I'll be placing that harness in line to the TAU. I'm betting its in the same or similar spot as previous models (but have not been able to confirm).
- Will mount the new Polk X-overs under / in the dash with the PAC. Chop into the PAC harness for speaker inputs from the TAU and outputs to the OEM wiring.
- Will sacrifice OEM woofer and cut-up to use as a mounting ring and for the harness connector as Raj did.
- Will abandon the OEM tweeter wiring and run new wires from A pillars to the new Pol X-overs.

This will get my gear installed without snipping or splicing a single OEM wire and will be 100% reversible if needed. Permanent mods will be to the A pillars (betting I'll have to cut to surface mount) and to the door speakers themselves, which will be destroyed.

Other benefit will be that I'll have RCA's for the sub instead of line-level inputs, and full ability to add further amplification if I'm not happy with how it sounds off the head unit.

I'm well-aware that the sub won't hit super deep or rattle windows. I'm not expecting or wanting that. What I am wanting is a little more than what the door speakers themselves can provide and be able to independently adjust the sound to my tastes (speakers vs sub adjustments).

Fingers crossed it all goes as planned.

Polk speakers are in my possession, when the PAC adapter arrives I can install them, then add the sub whenever it comes in.
Mate, bit after the fact but how did you go with this?
I've got a Kf model and thought the pac-OEM would fit but completely different connection so I'm going to sell on ebay.

I see you have a 2017, which I had. Were you trying to use the PAC at the head unit or at the TAU beside the glove box in upper passenger kick panel? That's where I went. Head unit just sends the signals back and forth to the TAU.

I also had a base stereo model / non-bose.

I see you have a 2017, which I had. Were you trying to use the PAC at the head unit or at the TAU beside the glove box in upper passenger kick panel? That's where I went. Head unit just sends the signals back and forth to the TAU.

I also had a base stereo model / non-bose.

I was at the TAU atleast I hope that's what I was looking at and now thankfully have the speaker cable colours cause no wiring diagrams I could find matched anything I could find.

Hi Raj55, Thanks for posting about the Hertz speakers. Never heard of them before this post. Done a lot of research and they may become my choice of speaker due to high sensitivity and frequency range. Quite impressive and a reasonable price. I have a 2016 CX5 Touring and hoping/believe I will get the same results. I may just do the front door first followed by the rear doors and lastly the dash (gen 1 design). For some reason the online sales person thinks the gen 1 dash speakers are 3.5 inch mids. I may need to install a component set up for the fronts long term. Havent decided yet but really want to install those Hertz coaxials soon.

Hi Raj55, Thanks for posting about the Hertz speakers. Never heard of them before this post. Done a lot of research and they may become my choice of speaker due to high sensitivity and frequency range. Quite impressive and a reasonable price. I have a 2016 CX5 Touring and hoping/believe I will get the same results. I may just do the front door first followed by the rear doors and lastly the dash (gen 1 design). For some reason the online sales person thinks the gen 1 dash speakers are 3.5 inch mids. I may need to install a component set up for the fronts long term. Havent decided yet but really want to install those Hertz coaxials soon.
For 2016 CX-5 Touring, your factory 6-speaker system does have 2 3.25-inch (8cm) mid-range speakers in dash.

Back