Bose audio alternating sound for radio only

Simonclayton

:
Mazda CX-5 akera
Hi there
I have a 2015 CX5 Akera with the Bose system. It works great for Bluetooth music however when its on radio the sound goes weird. By weird I mean it appears to get louder and softer when driving. Like some speakers are rebalancing themselves and all of a sudden only the front speakers appear to work, then it goes back normal, and it continues to happen only on radio. Its really off putting.
Ive updated the software, tried the Bose centre point settings etc but cant understand why it does this only on radio. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a reason?
I thought maybe it was sound catering for the increase volume of the engine when accerating, but unsure.

Help

Hi there
I have a 2015 CX5 Akera with the Bose system. It works great for Bluetooth music however when it’s on radio the sound goes weird. By weird I mean it appears to get louder and softer when driving. Like some speakers are rebalancing themselves and all of a sudden only the front speakers appear to work, then it goes back normal, and it continues to happen only on radio. It’s really off putting.
I’ve updated the software, tried the Bose centre point settings etc but can’t understand why it does this only on radio. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a reason?
I thought maybe it was sound catering for the increase volume of the engine when accerating, but unsure.

Help

Any chance your navigation is on? Navigation will turn off music in the left speaker to give instructions, but if the navigation volume itself is turned way down nothing will come out. This was happening to me when I was listening to the radio and I thought something was wrong because all of a sudden the left channel would drop out. Turns out it was just the navigation turned all the way down trying to tell me something.

Could it be switching from hd to non hd channels? Try unchecking the hd box in the audio sections and see if that fixes it.

Any chance your navigation is on? Navigation will turn off music in the left speaker to give instructions, but if the navigation volume itself is turned way down nothing will come out. This was happening to me when I was listening to the radio and I thought something was wrong because all of a sudden the left channel would drop out. Turns out it was just the navigation turned all the way down trying to tell me something.

+1

Back