Adding Sub - CONFUSED!

:
2015 Mazda CX5
Hi Guys,

This site is amazing. I've been able to upgrade my 2015 Mazda CX5 with the Bose. I don't have the navigation, but do have the steering wheel controls etc.

I found all the wiring diagrams and I think I am fairly confident I have the right wires but want to make sure with you guys.

Now, I am adding just a 300watt Kenwood AMP and 2 Kenwood 10" subs. Leaving the rest of the system stock (For now).

I have a LOC that using highend speaker inputs that convert to an RCA.

On my 2015, I see the BOSE Amp on the passenger footwell, but I've been reading that the factory headunit also has what I believe to be the tweeter outputs?!

Would I be able to tap into the LEFT +/- and RIGHT +/- coming off the factory head unit or do I need to get that from the AMP side?

IF anyone has done this, please can you confirm the colors of the wires you used? I Plan on doing this tomorrow afternoon. I can take pics if needed..

What I am confused on is some diagrams say I can use the factory head unit side, red/white/black wires... which I've also associated those with power/ground etc...

Any help to end this confusion would greatly appreciated.

Not sure about the H/U but my amp is tapped into the rear speaker wire bundle behind the lower pillar trim next to the driver seat. The RCA plugs are tapped directly in with a butt connector.

Not sure about the H/U but my amp is tapped into the rear speaker wire bundle behind the lower pillar trim next to the driver seat. The RCA plugs are tapped directly in with a butt connector.

That is actually a good idea. Then I could use a smaller RCA patch cord, then this 16' they gave me.
I'll be mounting the amp under the driver seat.

I'm sure you don't recall which color of wires you tapped into do you? Or maybe have a reference to what you used to find out when you did yours?

OK I was going to get a head start, got the radio out - but now damn inlaws showed up - so now I need to go do this Thanksgiving thing.. :)

I have this, can I use this plug on the back of the head unit? I see these wires back there on a plug..

cache.php

1A+ and 1C- = Front Left
1D+ and 1F- = Front Right
1S+ and 1U- = Rear Left
1V+ and 1X- = Rear Right

I'm hearing it maybe a low output and won't work?

Again, if anyone has the wiring harness for the B pillar area that was mentioned above, please post..

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

I can look later, took the loc out because the volume was way too low.

OK! Behind the deck - I did the:
1A+ and 1C- = Front Left
1D+ and 1F- = Front Right
1S+ and 1U- = Rear Left
1V+ and 1X- = Rear Right

Which was the black white, green red and I don't get anything :(

I may have to try in the B pillar section as mentioned above.

I may have to take the door panels off to verify the wire colors going to each of the rear speakers to determine them in the B pillar......
unless..

someone has pics of diagram :)

Back