Just ordered an interior light kit

:
Mazda CX5 Touring with PEP
I went with the Precision LED kit, watched the video, checked over the website. The kit is vehicle specific, I had looked at Amazon for the Phillips individual bulbs, but in this case, I'll be dealing with someone whose business is supplying bulbs and not a free for all market. Should I encounter problems in the install or afterwards, I have someone to call and also not have to worry about getting counterfeit brand name bulbs. They are having a Black Friday sale now, I got the kit to do my visors, map, dome, and cargo with tools for $40. Still debating if I want to do my tail lights.

You got played, sorry. They are LEDs. They are not vehicle specific. You will not need help. You will not need to call them for any reason. They will last forever. You paid way to much.
Marketing works. [emoji39]

You got played, sorry. They are LEDs. They are not vehicle specific. You will not need help. You will not need to call them for any reason. They will last forever. You paid way to much.
Marketing works. [emoji39]

Not sure about that, considering that Phillips are selling for $10 a pop. So I got 7 bulbs plus some helpful tools to do the install. And even if the kit was only worth about $20 retail, I'm sure I have the correct bulbs coming to me. Had nothing to do with marketing, more to do with having some support should something not work correctly. Read a whole bunch of reviews on Amazon about LED lights, plenty of reviews that indicated people would buy the lights and they would fail within a few months or the bulb did not fit correctly or the shade of the light was wrong etc. And like i said, if I paid $20 too much for the kit, I'm okay with that as it has a warranty too. I think with Amazon, you have that tail light warranty, you know the one where the tail light disappears along with the warranty?

My LED interior kit has arrived. I began the installation process. I'll give you the good first and the bad second.

Good: I did the map lights and the dome lights without incident. IMO the color of the light matches the color of the LED headlight, bright white with a slight hint of blue, just like the headlights. When I opened up the package for the vanity mirror and removed the bulb from the socket, it was abundantly clear that I did not have the correct bulb for the application. So I called the seller, who answered the call and we hashed out what it was I needed to complete the job and the parts will be sent out to me no charge. I moved on to the hatch door light. Popped out the lense and, surprise, it was also not even remotely close to what they were showing in the install video. It appears as though the rear hatch light is a single unit in that the bulb, lense and frame are all one unit and you can not separate the cage around the bulb to reach it to replace the bulb.

So the bad side is that the item does not live up to the advertised LED interior light kit. 50% of the bulbs do not work as advertised. I will be getting a refund for the rear hatch light, I have been told that the bulbs for the vanity that are the wrong bulb will work for the license plate or back up lights. We'll see when I find time to play with that.

As a positive, the seller was attentive to my needs and we resolved the problem and I should get the correct bulbs.

Why did you want to replace all of those, anyway? To get a "whiter" [cooler] color match? Just curious.

I replaced my interior lights with LEDs and I regret it. I know I'm the only one, but the LEDs are so very stark compared to the warmth of the standard incandescent lights. I'll be going back to incandescent soon.

I replaced my interior lights with LEDs and I regret it. I know I'm the only one, but the LEDs are so very stark compared to the warmth of the standard incandescent lights. I'll be going back to incandescent soon.

What color did you get? I can't stand LED with blue tint on it, it gives me a headache. I haven't tried pure white yet but I changed my interior lights to warm white LED and I don't get a headache. It's not as warm as incandescent bulbs but enough to give it an OEM feel.

The reason I switched was that I like the brighter light inside. Plus it being a new car and LED being the new norm....

There's a reason LEDs aren't factory installed. They're cheaper. Why wouldn't they? Because it's harsh compared to incandescent.
Mine have no blue tint. Dont get me wrong, they don't suck. But there's something missing imo that wasn't missing before. Warmth. That's a good word for it. ;)

Back