Replacing the Aux jack?

Aeolian

:
Mazda2
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help on replacing the Aux jack that's near the front of the center console. I can't seem to find much information on this (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places). I think it's a shorted out cable, since it works sometimes, but only if you push and hold the aux cord a certain way. The cigarette lighter still works, and the fuse has been replaced already. I'm car savvy enough that I figure I can just do it on my own, but I'm not sure what part to order to replace it, or if there's any special considerations for opening up the console on the Madza2. Thanks for your help! :)

Ooh, I will need to know about this before too long - mine is starting to get a little touchy, but works most of the time. I'm old school and still use my old classic Ipod for music and I ain't giving it up!

Already found a fix for this - sorry for not posting it on here! "D655-66-DFX" is the part number for the replacing the entire AUX jack.
A google search will bring that up on a few different parts websites and ebay listings. This fits the 2007-2011 models, but make sure you're looking at the correct part (there's some other ones that pop up that fit the 2012-2015 models though, so you might have to look around and double check the model numbers). My local Mazda dealer didn't have a replacement so I had to get mine online, but you might check there as well. :)

Back