Mazda Protege G15M-R LSD

InRex323

:
Mazda 323 BJ (Protege 5)
Hello, im Tobias from Switzerland,i drive a Mazda 323 BJ (Protege 5) with a G15M-R Trans. Now im looking for a Low Slip Diff.
I heard that the original Mazdaspeed LSD don`t hold out a lot of power.
Can someone help me to find a good LSD? Perhaps MFactory is good? Any experience?

Sorry for my bad english. I hope someone can halp me.

With kind regards from Switzerland, Tobias

Cheers.
When you said weld casing I was thinking the gearbox casing itself. That photo shows something (differential??) inside the gearbox.

ya that is the OEM/Factory LSD Assembly. That is the simple modification you do to make the Mazdaspeed LSD unit hold power.

Mfactory is a good choice too but will cost more.

I just got my trans back from a trans shop a couple days ago,they put in the ($700)Mfactory LSD for me for $500 labor.
I bought it over a year ago and haven't had a chance to install it until i started my engine rebuild.
Let me know if you have questions about it if you go this route,ill try and help

I should be putting the engine/trans in the next week or so if all goes well
i've been on this path for well over 2 years now and collected lots of forum posts and plan old research on how-to's
it's easier if you go in prepared brother.
Fortunately i've lived 2 blocks from work for the last few years and could do this rebuild as it came up with new problems

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. Do you user some other parts in your transmission rebuild, bearings or so?
Do i need special oil?
Thanks vor the support

Back