AC leaking passenger floor

Chelnmike816

:
2007 Mazda CX9
Hi all

I have a 2007 Mazda cx9 the air conditioner works great but noticed a huge puddle on passenger side floor. I looked on YouTube and I think it needs to be drained anyone know how to fix?

The drain tube for the A/C is plugged with dirt or fuzz. Need to locate the end of the drain tube under the car. It will be
on the passenger side under the dash. Either fish up a wire through the tube, or blow out with compressed air.
The evaporator will then fully drain.
Saw your other post, Most likely more pet hair.. Check your cabin air filter also.

Last edited:
Hi all

I have a 2007 Mazda cx9 the air conditioner works great but noticed a huge puddle on passenger side floor. I looked on YouTube and I think it needs to be drained anyone know how to fix?

Search the forums. You probably have a clogged condensate drain. Get underneath the car, bend the heat shield out of the way and use compressed air or a shop vac to clear the drain. A gallon of water will fall out...

Search the forums. You probably have a clogged condensate drain. Get underneath the car, bend the heat shield out of the way and use compressed air or a shop vac to clear the drain. A gallon of water will fall out...

If you don't know where to look the drain outlet will be hard to find.
Here's a link to a video that shows the location pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xqS2wqUDw

Also be sure to pull the interior air filter and blow it out. I also had to vacuum out leaf debris from my fan housing as well when this happened to me.

Just had the same thing happen in ours recently.. It was a clogged drain just like everyone is pointing to here. :)
Good insight everybody.

Back