Transfer case leak just after warranty expires.....

bmxtreme

So, our transfer case leak just on time after the warranty ends, we only have 47k miles on the ODO.
How soon i need to get it replaced with the leak?
We are trying to get Mazda to replace it as a warranty item, as these units should have been a recall instead in all seriousness.

I am almost sure there's an extended period of warranty for it. Search these forums and you should find the info you need.

Yeah, bought new in 2010 and it just past the 7yr they offer. Looks like they have calculated that it will likely fail after 7yrs, so instead of 8, 9 or 10 yrs (10 yrs being the common for many recall), they offer 7. If they are not doing anything about it, this will be my first and last Mazda.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the mileage will be an offset to the time and they can work with you to get the issue resolved. I wish you good luck.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully the mileage will be an offset to the time and they can work with you to get the issue resolved. I wish you good luck.

Thanks, i have yet to hear back, so fingers cross, else just too bad, i am almost going to get another Mazda.

Back