New CX-5 Whining Sounds at Low Speeds/RPM (coincides with RPM)

wushane

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hey there,

I have a new 2017 CX-5 with <1000km on it. It's been mostly very cold here, but I've noticed this sound that occurs during warmer weather. It's a sort of whining sound when the engine revs, mostly audible at low speeds, or when the CX-5 is in park and I rev the engine. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I'm going to ask the dealer to look at it, but I since it's so inconsistent (weather temp, etc.) I'm worried they'll say there's nothing there.

Here is a link to a video I recorded to capture the noise: https://youtu.be/r_KyjsFTyQA

Thanks

Hey there,

I have a new 2017 CX-5 with <1000km on it. It's been mostly very cold here, but I've noticed this sound that occurs during warmer weather. It's a sort of whining sound when the engine revs, mostly audible at low speeds, or when the CX-5 is in park and I rev the engine. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I'm going to ask the dealer to look at it, but I since it's so inconsistent (weather temp, etc.) I'm worried they'll say there's nothing there.

Here is a link to a video I recorded to capture the noise: https://youtu.be/r_KyjsFTyQA

Thanks

I don't hear any whine in the video myself sorry.. But I do see that your TPMS warning light is on. (smoke)

I don't hear any whine in the video myself sorry.. But I do see that your TPMS warning light is on. (smoke)

Haha - yeah, the dealer failed to mention that I needed to pay extra for those for my winter set of tires/rims... getting that sorted.

Hmm, that's unfortunate you can't hear it (maybe its in my head). The whine is similar to the sound of an Radio Controlled Car. That's the best way I can describe it.

Haha - yeah, the dealer failed to mention that I needed to pay extra for those for my winter set of tires/rims... getting that sorted.

Hmm, that's unfortunate you can't hear it (maybe its in my head). The whine is similar to the sound of an Radio Controlled Car. That's the best way I can describe it.

The noise varies pitch with the engine RPM?

Back